When Ivanhoe Pictures and Galloping Horse Beijing acquired the China rights to the John Carney-directed film Begin Again at Cannes, the question was how much relevance would that country find in a music themed story. Last night at the Shanghai International Film Festival, the film won Best Achievement in the category of Music.” Producer Anthony Bregman was on hand to accept the Award.
John Carney’s ‘Begin Again’ Wins Shanghai Fest Prize
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- David Tennant & Elisabeth Moss’ ‘Mad To Be Normal’ Headed To Samuel Goldwyn Films
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans
- ‘Just Getting Started’ Trailer: Morgan Freeman & Tommy Lee Jones Are Rivals-Turned-Partners
- Zak Olkewicz To Adapt ‘Time Salvager’ For Michael Bay At Paramount
- ‘All I See Is You’ Trailer: Blake Lively Regains Sight In Open Road’s Upcoming Thriller