When Ivanhoe Pictures and Galloping Horse Beijing acquired the China rights to the John Carney-directed film Begin Again at Cannes, the question was how much relevance would that country find in a music themed story. Last night at the Shanghai International Film Festival, the film won Best Achievement in the category of Music.” Producer Anthony Bregman was on hand to accept the Award.
John Carney’s ‘Begin Again’ Wins Shanghai Fest Prize
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And "Targeted Their Inner Demons:" Reports
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings