EXCLUSIVE: Shortly before he opens in the role of Frankie Valli in the Clint Eastwood-directed Jersey Boys, John Lloyd Young has signed with Gersh. This is all happening very quickly for Young, who was cast after playing Valli during the stage run of the smash hit musical. He’s not a big feature name yet — his most notable credit alongside Jersey Boys is the lead in a comedy called Oy Vey! My Son Is Gay!! In his Broadway debut, he won the Tony Award, Drama Desk, Outer Critics Circle and Theatre World Award in 2006 for playing Valli. Eastwood decided to cast the film from the actors who played the roles onstage, and that’s how Young is the star of his first major studio feature, which opens Friday.
Gersh Signs ‘Jersey Boys’ Lead John Lloyd Young
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Dax Shepard Driving Warner Bros 'CHiPS' Film; Michael Pena To Play Ponch
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur