EXCLUSIVE: Shortly before he opens in the role of Frankie Valli in the Clint Eastwood-directed Jersey Boys, John Lloyd Young has signed with Gersh. This is all happening very quickly for Young, who was cast after playing Valli during the stage run of the smash hit musical. He’s not a big feature name yet — his most notable credit alongside Jersey Boys is the lead in a comedy called Oy Vey! My Son Is Gay!! In his Broadway debut, he won the Tony Award, Drama Desk, Outer Critics Circle and Theatre World Award in 2006 for playing Valli. Eastwood decided to cast the film from the actors who played the roles onstage, and that’s how Young is the star of his first major studio feature, which opens Friday.
Gersh Signs ‘Jersey Boys’ Lead John Lloyd Young
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Netflix Sets 'Crouching Tiger 2′ As 1st Feature; Hollywood's Nightmare?
- 'Boyhood's Richard Linklater Baseball Pic Fielded By Annapurna, Paramount
- Matt Bomer Joins Ryan Gosling & Russell Crowe In 'The Nice Guys'
- 'Saturday Night Live' Debut: Who Directed This Hot Mess?
- Gerard Butler Eyes Babak Najafi As 'Olympus Has Fallen' Sequel Helmer
- Bart & Fleming: On 70s Films, UA Resurrection, Goat Horns And Glory