EXCLUSIVE: Shortly before he opens in the role of Frankie Valli in the Clint Eastwood-directed Jersey Boys, John Lloyd Young has signed with Gersh. This is all happening very quickly for Young, who was cast after playing Valli during the stage run of the smash hit musical. He’s not a big feature name yet — his most notable credit alongside Jersey Boys is the lead in a comedy called Oy Vey! My Son Is Gay!! In his Broadway debut, he won the Tony Award, Drama Desk, Outer Critics Circle and Theatre World Award in 2006 for playing Valli. Eastwood decided to cast the film from the actors who played the roles onstage, and that’s how Young is the star of his first major studio feature, which opens Friday.
Gersh Signs ‘Jersey Boys’ Lead John Lloyd Young
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award
- Josh Boone Says Warner Bros Will Turn Stephen King's 'The Stand' Into Four Films