EXCLUSIVE: Shortly before he opens in the role of Frankie Valli in the Clint Eastwood-directed Jersey Boys, John Lloyd Young has signed with Gersh. This is all happening very quickly for Young, who was cast after playing Valli during the stage run of the smash hit musical. He’s not a big feature name yet — his most notable credit alongside Jersey Boys is the lead in a comedy called Oy Vey! My Son Is Gay!! In his Broadway debut, he won the Tony Award, Drama Desk, Outer Critics Circle and Theatre World Award in 2006 for playing Valli. Eastwood decided to cast the film from the actors who played the roles onstage, and that’s how Young is the star of his first major studio feature, which opens Friday.
Gersh Signs ‘Jersey Boys’ Lead John Lloyd Young
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster