The Guinness World Records named Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek with the benchmark “most game show episodes hosted by the same presenter.” Trebek has hosted a whopping 6,829 episodes of Jeopardy! since he took the job in 1984. Trebek was given the title Friday night. “It’s a quality program that I never have to apologize for when I meet people,” said Trebek about his tenure, while noting that the record isn’t a lifetime achievement, “It’s the kind of record that can be replaced by someone else in a few years. There might be another host that comes along who will out do me if he or she is on a program that turns out to be as popular as Jeopardy!” Check out the announcement video below:
‘Jeopardy’s Alex Trebek Claims Guinness World Record For Game Show Hosting
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Team
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists