The Guinness World Records named Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek with the benchmark “most game show episodes hosted by the same presenter.” Trebek has hosted a whopping 6,829 episodes of Jeopardy! since he took the job in 1984. Trebek was given the title Friday night. “It’s a quality program that I never have to apologize for when I meet people,” said Trebek about his tenure, while noting that the record isn’t a lifetime achievement, “It’s the kind of record that can be replaced by someone else in a few years. There might be another host that comes along who will out do me if he or she is on a program that turns out to be as popular as Jeopardy!” Check out the announcement video below:
‘Jeopardy’s Alex Trebek Claims Guinness World Record For Game Show Hosting
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'