EXCLUSIVE: The Hunger Games‘ Jena Malone has taken the lead role in Claire, an American remake of Eric Rohmer’s 1982 French pic Le Beau Mariage that’s gearing up with Rilean Pictures. Story follows an eccentric young woman in her 20s living in Long Island with her aunt and teenage cousin. Fed up with her married painter lover, Claire sets her sights on a man she barely knows with aims to get herself married. Project marks the feature debut of Grammy-nominated music video helmer Dori Oskowitz (Vice Media’s Blackout), who is directing a script by Juan Iglesias and Jonathan Saba. Iglesias and Saba also are producing for their new shingle Rilean Pictures. Malone appears in the next two installments of Lionsgate’s Hunger Games franchise and appears in this fall’s Paul Thomas Anderson film Inherent Vice. She’s currently touring with her band The Shoe and is repped by Gersh.
Jena Malone To Star In ‘Le Beau Mariage’ Remake ‘Claire’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- UPDATE: Fox Home Entertainment & 'Sleepy Hollow' Marketer Apologize For “Headless Day” Promo After Beheading Of Second U.S…
- MMA Pastor Doc 'Fight Church' Inks Distribution, Morgan Spurlock TV Deal
- Alex Kurtzman's Secret Hideout Inks 3-Year Universal Deal
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'