EXCLUSIVE: The Hunger Games‘ Jena Malone has taken the lead role in Claire, an American remake of Eric Rohmer’s 1982 French pic Le Beau Mariage that’s gearing up with Rilean Pictures. Story follows an eccentric young woman in her 20s living in Long Island with her aunt and teenage cousin. Fed up with her married painter lover, Claire sets her sights on a man she barely knows with aims to get herself married. Project marks the feature debut of Grammy-nominated music video helmer Dori Oskowitz (Vice Media’s Blackout), who is directing a script by Juan Iglesias and Jonathan Saba. Iglesias and Saba also are producing for their new shingle Rilean Pictures. Malone appears in the next two installments of Lionsgate’s Hunger Games franchise and appears in this fall’s Paul Thomas Anderson film Inherent Vice. She’s currently touring with her band The Shoe and is repped by Gersh.
Jena Malone To Star In ‘Le Beau Mariage’ Remake ‘Claire’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Anthony Hopkins Boards Pacific Northwest Thriller 'Go With Me'
- Tom Sizemore Launches Crowdfunding Campaign For Detroit-Set Thriller He'll Star In & Produce
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World
- Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'
- Imperative Entertainment, Bastei Lubbe AG Form Joint Media Venture