EXCLUSIVE: The Hunger Games‘ Jena Malone has taken the lead role in Claire, an American remake of Eric Rohmer’s 1982 French pic Le Beau Mariage that’s gearing up with Rilean Pictures. Story follows an eccentric young woman in her 20s living in Long Island with her aunt and teenage cousin. Fed up with her married painter lover, Claire sets her sights on a man she barely knows with aims to get herself married. Project marks the feature debut of Grammy-nominated music video helmer Dori Oskowitz (Vice Media’s Blackout), who is directing a script by Juan Iglesias and Jonathan Saba. Iglesias and Saba also are producing for their new shingle Rilean Pictures. Malone appears in the next two installments of Lionsgate’s Hunger Games franchise and appears in this fall’s Paul Thomas Anderson film Inherent Vice. She’s currently touring with her band The Shoe and is repped by Gersh.
Jena Malone To Star In ‘Le Beau Mariage’ Remake ‘Claire’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More