EXCLUSIVE: Indie drama Jack Of The Red Hearts has begun filming in New York with X-Men‘s Famke Janssen and The Carrie Diaries‘ AnnaSophia Robb anchoring the cast. Janet Grillo (Fly Away) is directing the film about a teenage con artist who tricks a desperate mother into hiring her as a live-in companion for her autistic daughter. Writer Jennifer Deaton developed the project with Lucy Mukerjee-Brown at Film Independent’s Producers Lab, and Sundial Pictures is producing it hot off the release of the Jenny Slate-starring Sundance comedy Obvious Child. The company’s Stefan Nowicki, Joey Carey, and Morgan White are producing alongside Mukerjee-Brown. CAA reps Robb and Janssen and is handling domestic rights. Robb is also repped by Untitled. Janssen is a client of Brookside Artists. Grillo is repped at Artists House.
Famke Janssen, AnnaSophia Robb Join ‘Jack Of The Red Hearts’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And "Targeted Their Inner Demons:" Reports
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings