EXCLUSIVE: Indie drama Jack Of The Red Hearts has begun filming in New York with X-Men‘s Famke Janssen and The Carrie Diaries‘ AnnaSophia Robb anchoring the cast. Janet Grillo (Fly Away) is directing the film about a teenage con artist who tricks a desperate mother into hiring her as a live-in companion for her autistic daughter. Writer Jennifer Deaton developed the project with Lucy Mukerjee-Brown at Film Independent’s Producers Lab, and Sundial Pictures is producing it hot off the release of the Jenny Slate-starring Sundance comedy Obvious Child. The company’s Stefan Nowicki, Joey Carey, and Morgan White are producing alongside Mukerjee-Brown. CAA reps Robb and Janssen and is handling domestic rights. Robb is also repped by Untitled. Janssen is a client of Brookside Artists. Grillo is repped at Artists House.
Famke Janssen, AnnaSophia Robb Join ‘Jack Of The Red Hearts’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Jeremy Sisto & More Join 'Love Is All You Need,' Kea Ho Gets 'Urge'
- IFC Nabs Al Pacino Drama 'Manglehorn'
- SXSW 2015 Sets Mark Duplass Keynote, First Wave Of Film Panels
- Michaela Conlin Joins Kate Beckinsale In 'The Disappointments Room'
- 'Game Of Thrones' Natalie Dormer Heads To 'The Forest'
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set