EXCLUSIVE: Indie drama Jack Of The Red Hearts has begun filming in New York with X-Men‘s Famke Janssen and The Carrie Diaries‘ AnnaSophia Robb anchoring the cast. Janet Grillo (Fly Away) is directing the film about a teenage con artist who tricks a desperate mother into hiring her as a live-in companion for her autistic daughter. Writer Jennifer Deaton developed the project with Lucy Mukerjee-Brown at Film Independent’s Producers Lab, and Sundial Pictures is producing it hot off the release of the Jenny Slate-starring Sundance comedy Obvious Child. The company’s Stefan Nowicki, Joey Carey, and Morgan White are producing alongside Mukerjee-Brown. CAA reps Robb and Janssen and is handling domestic rights. Robb is also repped by Untitled. Janssen is a client of Brookside Artists. Grillo is repped at Artists House.
Famke Janssen, AnnaSophia Robb Join ‘Jack Of The Red Hearts’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update
- Cannes Winners: ‘The Lobster’ Takes Jury Prize; Rooney Mara, Emmanuelle Bercot Share Best Actress – Live
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Bows With $26.7M Overseas, ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Gains $15.2M
- Aishwarya Rai On Return To Film With ‘Jazbaa’ Helmer Sanjay Gupta – Video
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes