Radius-TWC has picked up its second pic from this year’s Cannes Film Festival Critics Week sidebar, acquiring U.S. rights to the David Robert Mitchell horror movie It Follows. The deal follows the Weinstein Company label’s buy of fellow Critics Week selection When Animals Dream this year; it picked up Blue Ruin at Cannes the year before. A first-quarter 2015 release is planned for It Follows, which centers on a teenager (Maika Monroe) who finds herself plagued by disturbing visions and the inescapable sense that something is following her after she has a strange sexual encounter. Keir Gilchrist, Daniel Zovatto, Jake Weary, Olivia Luccardi and Lili Sepe star. Animal Kingdom and Northern Lights financed the pic, and Radius-TWC principals Tom Quinn and Jason Janego negotiated the deal with Cinetic in conjunction with Jen Dana on behalf of the filmmakers. Mitchell, who also wrote and directed 2010’s The Myth Of The American Sleepover, produced with Rebecca Green, Laura D. Smith, David Kaplan and Erik Rommesmo.
Radius-TWC Acquires Cannes Critics Week Pic ‘It Follows’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'