Radius-TWC has picked up its second pic from this year’s Cannes Film Festival Critics Week sidebar, acquiring U.S. rights to the David Robert Mitchell horror movie It Follows. The deal follows the Weinstein Company label’s buy of fellow Critics Week selection When Animals Dream this year; it picked up Blue Ruin at Cannes the year before. A first-quarter 2015 release is planned for It Follows, which centers on a teenager (Maika Monroe) who finds herself plagued by disturbing visions and the inescapable sense that something is following her after she has a strange sexual encounter. Keir Gilchrist, Daniel Zovatto, Jake Weary, Olivia Luccardi and Lili Sepe star. Animal Kingdom and Northern Lights financed the pic, and Radius-TWC principals Tom Quinn and Jason Janego negotiated the deal with Cinetic in conjunction with Jen Dana on behalf of the filmmakers. Mitchell, who also wrote and directed 2010’s The Myth Of The American Sleepover, produced with Rebecca Green, Laura D. Smith, David Kaplan and Erik Rommesmo.
Radius-TWC Acquires Cannes Critics Week Pic ‘It Follows’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct
- Mel Gibson Scores Hollywood Film Awards Director Honor
- Shannon Purser Joins Joey King In ‘Wish Upon’ For Broad Green Pictures
- Kristin Harris Named VP Acquisitions & Distribution At Good Deed Entertainment
- Monterey Media Nabs Sundance Pic ‘Sophie And The Rising Sun’
- Studio 8 Gets Into Comic Book Action With ‘Scout’ For Filmmaker Chris MacBride