Radius-TWC has picked up its second pic from this year’s Cannes Film Festival Critics Week sidebar, acquiring U.S. rights to the David Robert Mitchell horror movie It Follows. The deal follows the Weinstein Company label’s buy of fellow Critics Week selection When Animals Dream this year; it picked up Blue Ruin at Cannes the year before. A first-quarter 2015 release is planned for It Follows, which centers on a teenager (Maika Monroe) who finds herself plagued by disturbing visions and the inescapable sense that something is following her after she has a strange sexual encounter. Keir Gilchrist, Daniel Zovatto, Jake Weary, Olivia Luccardi and Lili Sepe star. Animal Kingdom and Northern Lights financed the pic, and Radius-TWC principals Tom Quinn and Jason Janego negotiated the deal with Cinetic in conjunction with Jen Dana on behalf of the filmmakers. Mitchell, who also wrote and directed 2010’s The Myth Of The American Sleepover, produced with Rebecca Green, Laura D. Smith, David Kaplan and Erik Rommesmo.
Radius-TWC Acquires Cannes Critics Week Pic ‘It Follows’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years
- CAA Promotes Four In Sports, TV & Marketing Departments
- George Clooney Set For Golden Globes' Cecil B. DeMille Award