Writer-director Leigh Whannell just announced on Twitter that Dermot Mulroney will star in Insidious: Chapter 3, the latest pic in the franchise produced by Jason Blum’s Blumhouse, Oren Peli and James Wan. Plot and character details are being kept under wraps but the threequel also stars Jem and the Holograms‘ Stefanie Scott, who was cast earlier this month. Focus Features has set an April 3, 2015 release date in the U.S. Shooting begins July 7. Mulroney, repped by WME, was most recently in August: Osage County and the Steve Jobs biopic Jobs.
Dermot Mulroney Tapped For ‘Insidious 3′
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM