EXCLUSIVE: James Ransone (Sinister 2, Inside Man) has been cast opposite John Travolta and Ethan Hawke in director Ti West‘s In A Valley Of Violence. The Western, also written by The Sacrament helmer West, tracks a drifter (Hawke) seeking revenge on the thugs who killed his best friend. Ransone will play the son of Travolta’s character in a cast that last month added Taissa Farmiga and Karen Gillan as sisters who run the local town hotel. Jason Blum is producing for Blumhouse, and Jacob Jaffke and Peter Phok are exec producers. Ransone marks the third repeat Blumhouse Productions star to join the project; he’s also set for horror sequel Sinister 2, while Doctor Who‘s Gillan recently led horror pic Oculus. Hawke has done two previous features for the microbudget genre shingle, Sinister and The Purge. Ransone’s credits include acclaimed TV dramas The Wire, How To Make It In America, Treme, Low Winter Sun and miniseries Generation Kill. He also appears in the Tribeca Film Festival pic Electric Slide, Frank V. Ross’ Bloomin Mud Shuffle, Random with Haley Bennett and Ashley Greene, and Benaroya Pictures’ Shakespeare adaptation Cymbeline alongside Valley co-star Hawke. Ransone is repped by UTA, Management 360 and Morris Yorn Barnes.
James Ransone Joins Blumhouse Western ‘In A Valley Of Violence’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy’ Nabs…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest