EXCLUSIVE: MGM has hired Sascha Penn to write the latest version of The Idolmaker, the remake that has Craig Brewer attached to direct and Justin Timberlake circling to star. Hawk Koch and Gene Kirkwood are producing and Cassidy Lange is overseeing for MGM. The 1980 Taylor Hackford-directed original starred Ray Sharkey in a story about the life of rock promoter/producer Bob Marcucci, who discovered Frankie Avalon and Fabian; Koch and Kirkwood produced that one too. Penn is currently writing an untitled firefighter project at Lionsgate, which has Jeff Chan attached to direct and he sold the pitch Yakuza Vs. Mafia to Good Universe and adapted the sci-fi novel Walls Of The Universe for Andrew Adamson. He also served as writer-producer on the Starz TV series Survivor’s Remorse. He’s repped by CAA and Madhouse Entertainment.
MGM Sets Sascha Penn To Script ‘The Idolmaker’ Remake
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Ten Live-Action Shorts Advance In Voting Process
- ‘Logan’ Director James Mangold: If Fox Film Fades Out Post-Merger, “That Would Be Sad To Me”
- Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom’s Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still “KeatonStrong”?
- Steve Beeks, 20-Year Executive At Lionsgate, Exiting At End Of Year
- ‘Creed 2’ Taps Steven Caple Jr. To Replace Sylvester Stallone As Director
- ‘The Relive Box’ Being Developed As Film By Condé Nast Entertainment; Director Aboard