EXCLUSIVE: MGM has hired Sascha Penn to write the latest version of The Idolmaker, the remake that has Craig Brewer attached to direct and Justin Timberlake circling to star. Hawk Koch and Gene Kirkwood are producing and Cassidy Lange is overseeing for MGM. The 1980 Taylor Hackford-directed original starred Ray Sharkey in a story about the life of rock promoter/producer Bob Marcucci, who discovered Frankie Avalon and Fabian; Koch and Kirkwood produced that one too. Penn is currently writing an untitled firefighter project at Lionsgate, which has Jeff Chan attached to direct and he sold the pitch Yakuza Vs. Mafia to Good Universe and adapted the sci-fi novel Walls Of The Universe for Andrew Adamson. He also served as writer-producer on the Starz TV series Survivor’s Remorse. He’s repped by CAA and Madhouse Entertainment.
MGM Sets Sascha Penn To Script ‘The Idolmaker’ Remake
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest Film News
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’