Fox Searchlight has released the first teaser for Birdman (or The Unexpected Virtue Of Ignorance), the latest film from Babel and Biutiful helmer Alejandro González Iñárritu. The director’s first black comedy stars Michael Keaton, Edward Norton, Emma Stone, Naomi Watts, Zach Galifianakis, Amy Ryan and Andrea Riseborough. Keaton plays an actor, famous for having portrayed an iconic superhero, who struggles to mount a Broadway play. In the days leading up to opening night, he battles his ego as he attempts to recover his family, his career and himself. This was a film we had hoped to see in Cannes last month, but Fox Searchlight ultimately set an October 17 release so expect to see this bow at one of the fall festivals.
Hot Teaser: Alejandro González Iñárritu’s ‘Birdman’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Weinstein Co Acquires 'Roald Dahl's Esio Trot' With Judi Dench & Dustin Hoffman
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under