Lothaire Bluteau (The Tudors), Kevin Durand (The Strain) and Morgane Polanski (The Ghost) have joined the cast of History’s original scripted series Vikings for Season 3. They join previously announced Ben Robson (Dracula: The Dark Prince) who will play Kalf, Lagertha’s trusted second in command. Vikings centers on Ragnar (Travis Fimmel), a restless young warrior and family man who longs to find and conquer new lands across the sea and claim the spoils as his own. Bluteau will play Emperor Charles of France, a powerful man who views the Vikings as spiritual and earthly; Durand will play The Wanderer, a mysterious man who is not what he seems; and Polanski will play Princess Gisla, the elegant, self-possessed daughter of Emperor Charles and his most trusted advisor. Vikings Season 3 begins production this summer for a 2015 premiere.
History’s ‘Vikings’ Adds Cast
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
More From Team
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks
- 'Cabin Fever' Remake Invites Eli Roth Back Into House – AFM