History has given a formal green light to six-part miniseries Sons Of Liberty, from A+E Studios and Stephen David Entertainment (The World Wars). The project, which has been fully cast, starts production this summer. Sons Of Liberty follows a defiant and radical group of young men – Sam Adams (Ben Barnes), John Adams (Henry Thomas), Paul Revere (Michael Raymond James), John Hancock (Rafe Spall) and Joseph Warren (Ryan Eggold)– as they band together in secrecy to change the course of history and make America a nation. Additionally, Marton Csokas is cast as the ferocious Gen. Thomas Gage, Emily Berrington as Margaret Gage and Dean Norris as the brilliant yet mischievous diplomat Benjamin Franklin. “From the Boston Tea Party to the Declaration of Independence, Sons Of Liberty will tell the rebellious story of America’s greatest fight for freedom,” said History General Manager Dirk Hoogstra. Kari Skogland (Boardwalk Empire) is directing the mini, written by Stephen David and David C. White. The title theme is by Oscar winner Hans Zimmer.
History Orders, Sets Cast For Revolutionary War Miniseries ‘Sons Of Liberty’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'