History has given a formal green light to six-part miniseries Sons Of Liberty, from A+E Studios and Stephen David Entertainment (The World Wars). The project, which has been fully cast, starts production this summer. Sons Of Liberty follows a defiant and radical group of young men – Sam Adams (Ben Barnes), John Adams (Henry Thomas), Paul Revere (Michael Raymond James), John Hancock (Rafe Spall) and Joseph Warren (Ryan Eggold)– as they band together in secrecy to change the course of history and make America a nation. Additionally, Marton Csokas is cast as the ferocious Gen. Thomas Gage, Emily Berrington as Margaret Gage and Dean Norris as the brilliant yet mischievous diplomat Benjamin Franklin. “From the Boston Tea Party to the Declaration of Independence, Sons Of Liberty will tell the rebellious story of America’s greatest fight for freedom,” said History General Manager Dirk Hoogstra. Kari Skogland (Boardwalk Empire) is directing the mini, written by Stephen David and David C. White. The title theme is by Oscar winner Hans Zimmer.
History Orders, Sets Cast For Revolutionary War Miniseries ‘Sons Of Liberty’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Fortune Feimster Comedy From Tina Fey, ‘Uncle Buck’ Reboot Get ABC Pilot Orders
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host J.K. Simmons
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'