The premium cabler is making a weekly commitment to nonfiction. HBO said today that Monday nights will feature original documentaries year-round, including “timely encore presentations.” The announcement comes several months after HBO signed a multi-year deal with Susan Lacy, creator and executive producer of PBS’ American Masters series, to produce and direct docus. The cable channel kicked off the new Monday tradition last week with The Case Against 8, about the Supreme Court’s overturn of California ban on gay marriage, and continues tonight with 112 Weddings, in which a videographer tracks down couples whose nuptials he filmed. Future subjects include President Nixon, Pamela Smart and Russia’s anti-gay laws.
HBO Makes Monday Documentary Night Year-Round
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Team
- Netflix Gets Into French Originals Business With 'Marseille'
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off As Anchor Of 'World News' (Video)
- R.I.P. Character Actor Stephen Lee
- UPDATE: 'Magic Mike' Sequel Moved Up To Wednesday Before Fourth Of July
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Snags Summer Season's Second Strongest Numbers With Major Spoiler
- John Hillcoat's 'Triple Nine' Gets September 2015 Release Date