EXCLUSIVE: Frozen horrormeister Adam Green has signed on to helm Exorcism On Crooked Lake for Revolver Picture Company. Green is the writer-director behind the Hatchet slasher trilogy and also created, wrote, directed, and starred as himself in the horror comedy series Holliston. Exorcism marks Green’s next feature following the upcoming metafictional Digging Up The Marrow. Story follows a middle-aged priest, a younger priest and a female medical student who head to a remote house to exorcise a young pregnant woman only to find themselves under siege from a satanic cult looking to claim the child. Script is by Stacy Chbosky and John Erick Dowdle and Drew Dowdle (Quarantine, The Poughkeepsie Tapes, The Coup). Project marks the fourth film from new shingle Revolver Picture Company, which debuted horror feature Haunt this year. IFC Midnight is releasing Haunt and also has Revolver’s Beneath this summer. Revolver is fully financing Exorcism, with the company’s Nick Phillips and Kelly Martin Wagner producing alongside Sarah Shepard and Ben Browning (Inquest). The Dowdle brothers are exec producing. Filming on Exorcism will begin this fall. Green’s repped by Paradigm and Industry Entertainment.
‘Hatchet’s Adam Green To Direct ‘Exorcism On Crooked Lake’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- STX Entertainment Partners With Toronto Company The Young Astronauts For Digital Content
- ‘Hummingbird’ Spec About Female Black-Ops Assassin Lands At Fundamental Films; ‘Battlefield 1’ Duo To Helm
- ‘The Secret Life Of Pets’ Woofs It Past $500M At International Box Office
- ‘Inferno’ Getting Scorched At U.S. Box Office, But Overseas Hoping To Be Its Savior – Noon Update
- Sergei Bodrov To Direct ‘Samson And Delilah’ – AFM
- ‘Inferno’ Review: Tom Hanks’ Robert Langdon Back On The Run In Best Dan Brown Movie Yet