EXCLUSIVE: Frozen horrormeister Adam Green has signed on to helm Exorcism On Crooked Lake for Revolver Picture Company. Green is the writer-director behind the Hatchet slasher trilogy and also created, wrote, directed, and starred as himself in the horror comedy series Holliston. Exorcism marks Green’s next feature following the upcoming metafictional Digging Up The Marrow. Story follows a middle-aged priest, a younger priest and a female medical student who head to a remote house to exorcise a young pregnant woman only to find themselves under siege from a satanic cult looking to claim the child. Script is by Stacy Chbosky and John Erick Dowdle and Drew Dowdle (Quarantine, The Poughkeepsie Tapes, The Coup). Project marks the fourth film from new shingle Revolver Picture Company, which debuted horror feature Haunt this year. IFC Midnight is releasing Haunt and also has Revolver’s Beneath this summer. Revolver is fully financing Exorcism, with the company’s Nick Phillips and Kelly Martin Wagner producing alongside Sarah Shepard and Ben Browning (Inquest). The Dowdle brothers are exec producing. Filming on Exorcism will begin this fall. Green’s repped by Paradigm and Industry Entertainment.
‘Hatchet’s Adam Green To Direct ‘Exorcism On Crooked Lake’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $60.3M: But Why Is Opening Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- Noureen DeWulf Books Three Film Roles; Hannah Rose May Joins ‘The Recall’
- Joss Whedon’s Sermon On The Con: “The Dialogue Between Audiences And Studios Is Defaulting”
- RealD's 3D Projection Patents Upheld By U.S. International Trade Org
- Life After ‘Orphan Black’? Tatiana Maslany & Creators Discuss – Comic-Con
- Mark Boal Decries Military “Fishing Expedition” In Bowe Bergdahl Case