EXCLUSIVE: Frozen horrormeister Adam Green has signed on to helm Exorcism On Crooked Lake for Revolver Picture Company. Green is the writer-director behind the Hatchet slasher trilogy and also created, wrote, directed, and starred as himself in the horror comedy series Holliston. Exorcism marks Green’s next feature following the upcoming metafictional Digging Up The Marrow. Story follows a middle-aged priest, a younger priest and a female medical student who head to a remote house to exorcise a young pregnant woman only to find themselves under siege from a satanic cult looking to claim the child. Script is by Stacy Chbosky and John Erick Dowdle and Drew Dowdle (Quarantine, The Poughkeepsie Tapes, The Coup). Project marks the fourth film from new shingle Revolver Picture Company, which debuted horror feature Haunt this year. IFC Midnight is releasing Haunt and also has Revolver’s Beneath this summer. Revolver is fully financing Exorcism, with the company’s Nick Phillips and Kelly Martin Wagner producing alongside Sarah Shepard and Ben Browning (Inquest). The Dowdle brothers are exec producing. Filming on Exorcism will begin this fall. Green’s repped by Paradigm and Industry Entertainment.
‘Hatchet’s Adam Green To Direct ‘Exorcism On Crooked Lake’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Joe Wright In Talks To Board ‘The Lifeboat’ With Anne Hathaway, Working Title & Focus Features
- Imax Shares Leap As It Announces Hong Kong IPO Plan
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- ‘How He Fell In Love’ Clip: Exploring Faithfulness And Betrayal