EXCLUSIVE: Frozen horrormeister Adam Green has signed on to helm Exorcism On Crooked Lake for Revolver Picture Company. Green is the writer-director behind the Hatchet slasher trilogy and also created, wrote, directed, and starred as himself in the horror comedy series Holliston. Exorcism marks Green’s next feature following the upcoming metafictional Digging Up The Marrow. Story follows a middle-aged priest, a younger priest and a female medical student who head to a remote house to exorcise a young pregnant woman only to find themselves under siege from a satanic cult looking to claim the child. Script is by Stacy Chbosky and John Erick Dowdle and Drew Dowdle (Quarantine, The Poughkeepsie Tapes, The Coup). Project marks the fourth film from new shingle Revolver Picture Company, which debuted horror feature Haunt this year. IFC Midnight is releasing Haunt and also has Revolver’s Beneath this summer. Revolver is fully financing Exorcism, with the company’s Nick Phillips and Kelly Martin Wagner producing alongside Sarah Shepard and Ben Browning (Inquest). The Dowdle brothers are exec producing. Filming on Exorcism will begin this fall. Green’s repped by Paradigm and Industry Entertainment.
‘Hatchet’s Adam Green To Direct ‘Exorcism On Crooked Lake’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- John Carpenter Q&A: Why 'Halloween' Didn't Need Sequels & What Scares The Master Of Horror
- 'Midnight Rider': New Photos Show Crew On Train Tracks Before Sarah Jones Death
- 'Riddick's David Twohy To Direct Relativity Sci-Fier 'Replay'
- Blood List Names 'Bird Box' Best 2014 Genre Script; Adds Pilots, Books
- Robin Williams' Final Film 'Boulevard' AFM-Bound; Pair Join Catherine Zeta-Jones' 'Godmother'; More
- Trick Or Treat? 'Tales Of Halloween' Horror Anthology Taps Neil Marshall, Darren Bousman & More – AFM