Sundance breakout Hannah Fidell is moving fast on the follow-up to her 2013 debut drama A Teacher, the tale of an increasingly dangerous affair between a high school teacher and her student. Fidell, who won the SXSW Chicken & Egg Female Narrative Directing Award for A Teacher, has set Taissa Farmiga (American Horror Story) and Ben Rosenfield (Boardwalk Empire) to star in her untitled second feature as a young couple who face a series of volatile events as they near the end of college. Mark Duplass is executive producer on HBO’s adaptation of A Teacher and is also exec producing Fidell’s new feature for Duplass Brothers Productions. Film also stars Fidell’s A Teacher lead Lindsay Burdge, Joshua Leonard (Humpday), Peter Vack (Fort Tilden), and Jennifer Lafleur (The Do-Deca Pentathlon) and is produced by Kelly Williams, Jonathan Duffy, and Andrew Logan. Farmiga’s also wrapped Warren Beatty’s untitled film and next heads to Ti West’s In The Valley Of Violence. Rosenfield appears next in J.C. Chandor’s A Most Violent Year and Kate Barker-Froyland’s Song One. Fidell and Duplass are repped by ICM Partners. Fidell is managed by Brillstein. Farmiga is repped by ICM Partners and Authentic. Rosenfield is repped by UTA.
‘A Teacher’s Hannah Fidell Taps Taissa Farmiga, Ben Rosenfield, Mark Duplass For Sophomore Feature
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'