Sundance breakout Hannah Fidell is moving fast on the follow-up to her 2013 debut drama A Teacher, the tale of an increasingly dangerous affair between a high school teacher and her student. Fidell, who won the SXSW Chicken & Egg Female Narrative Directing Award for A Teacher, has set Taissa Farmiga (American Horror Story) and Ben Rosenfield (Boardwalk Empire) to star in her untitled second feature as a young couple who face a series of volatile events as they near the end of college. Mark Duplass is executive producer on HBO’s adaptation of A Teacher and is also exec producing Fidell’s new feature for Duplass Brothers Productions. Film also stars Fidell’s A Teacher lead Lindsay Burdge, Joshua Leonard (Humpday), Peter Vack (Fort Tilden), and Jennifer Lafleur (The Do-Deca Pentathlon) and is produced by Kelly Williams, Jonathan Duffy, and Andrew Logan. Farmiga’s also wrapped Warren Beatty’s untitled film and next heads to Ti West’s In The Valley Of Violence. Rosenfield appears next in J.C. Chandor’s A Most Violent Year and Kate Barker-Froyland’s Song One. Fidell and Duplass are repped by ICM Partners. Fidell is managed by Brillstein. Farmiga is repped by ICM Partners and Authentic. Rosenfield is repped by UTA.
‘A Teacher’s Hannah Fidell Taps Taissa Farmiga, Ben Rosenfield, Mark Duplass For Sophomore Feature
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner