Equals was one of the hot projects in Cannes with Mister Smith closing over 35 international deals. Already starring Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult, the futuristic love story has added Guy Pearce as shooting gears up for August in Japan and Singapore. Pearce is reteaming with his Breathe In director Drake Doremus who is helming from a script by Moon‘s Nathan Parker. The picture is set in a future society where emotions have been eradicated and the new breed of humans is called Equals. They live peacefully, but when a disease begins activating in its victims everything they thought they’d escaped, they are sent away and never seen again. When Silas (Hoult) is infected, he becomes an outcast, but he notices one person who seems to understand what he’s going through, Nia (Stewart), who is able to hide her emotions. The only way for them to ensure their survival is to escape. Producers are Ridley Scott, Michael Schaefer, Ann Ruark, and Jay Stern and Chip Diggins of Route One which is also financing. Exec producers are Mike Pruss, Lee Jea Woo, Choi Pyung Ho and Russell Levine. UTA Independent Film Group arranged financing and is handling North American rights. Pearce is currently in David Michod’s Cannes title The Rover which goes out Stateside this month. He is repped by Chris Andrews at CAA, Sally Long-Innes at Independent Talent Group and by Anne Churchill-Brown at Shanahan Management.
Guy Pearce Joins Futuristic Love Story ‘Equals’ With Kristen Stewart, Nicholas Hoult
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Invades New York Comic-Con
- ‘Star Trek’ Alums To Fans: Keep White House Donald Trump Free With Vote For Hillary Clinton
- Angelina Jolie In Talks To Star In TriStar’s ‘Shoot Like A Girl’
- ‘Miss Peregrine’ Eyes $27M-$28M; ‘Deepwater Horizon’ Drilling $21M-$22M – Midday B.O. Update
- Chris Hemsworth & Michael Shannon Saddle Up For Black Label Media, Jerry Bruckheimer’s ‘Horse Soldiers’
- Oscars & The New York Film Festival: How Will The Big Apple Event Affect The Race?