Equals was one of the hot projects in Cannes with Mister Smith closing over 35 international deals. Already starring Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult, the futuristic love story has added Guy Pearce as shooting gears up for August in Japan and Singapore. Pearce is reteaming with his Breathe In director Drake Doremus who is helming from a script by Moon‘s Nathan Parker. The picture is set in a future society where emotions have been eradicated and the new breed of humans is called Equals. They live peacefully, but when a disease begins activating in its victims everything they thought they’d escaped, they are sent away and never seen again. When Silas (Hoult) is infected, he becomes an outcast, but he notices one person who seems to understand what he’s going through, Nia (Stewart), who is able to hide her emotions. The only way for them to ensure their survival is to escape. Producers are Ridley Scott, Michael Schaefer, Ann Ruark, and Jay Stern and Chip Diggins of Route One which is also financing. Exec producers are Mike Pruss, Lee Jea Woo, Choi Pyung Ho and Russell Levine. UTA Independent Film Group arranged financing and is handling North American rights. Pearce is currently in David Michod’s Cannes title The Rover which goes out Stateside this month. He is repped by Chris Andrews at CAA, Sally Long-Innes at Independent Talent Group and by Anne Churchill-Brown at Shanahan Management.
Guy Pearce Joins Futuristic Love Story ‘Equals’ With Kristen Stewart, Nicholas Hoult
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…