EXCLUSIVE: Guillermo del Toro has withdrawn as the director of Beauty, the live-action revisionist take on Beauty And The Beast that has Emma Watson attached to star. Warner Bros has started the process of finding a new director. Del Toro had other commitments, but he’s still firmly part of the movie. He wrote the script, and he’s producing the film with Denise DiNovi. Del Toro is directing the haunted house pic Crimson Peak.
Guillermo Del Toro Won’t Helm ‘Beauty’ With Emma Watson At Warner Bros
What's Hot on Deadline
'Office Christmas Party' Gets Louder With $17M+, Though 'Moana' Still Has Leading Luau; 'La La Land' Huge - Noon Update
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Terry George’s ‘The Promise’ Lands At Open Road, Gets April Release Date
- Peter Bart: Amazon’s Jeff Bezos Taking Aim At Hollywood
- ‘Office Christmas Party’ Gets Louder With $17M+, Though ‘Moana’ Still Has Leading Luau; ‘La La Land’ Huge…
- Gravitas Ventures Takes Swing With Bronson Pinchot Comedy ‘The Strike’
- 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado' Adds Isabela Moner
- ‘Big Short’ Scribe Charles Randolph Sets Sex Harassment Pic; Roger Ailes Figures In The Plot