Gravitas Ventures has picked up North American rights to feature dramedy Among Ravens, directed by Russell Friedenberg and Randy Redroad from a Friedenberg script. The film stars Friedenberg, Amy Smart, Joshua Leonard, Christian Campbell, Victoria Smurfit, Natalie Imbruglia, Will McCormack and Johnny Sequoyah. The movie is based on real-life events, following a group of friends and family as they gather for a 4th of July holiday weekend in Idaho, as seen through the eyes of a 10-year-old girl. The film is slated for release July 18 in theaters and on VOD. It premiered at the Nantucket Film Festival and opened the Galway Film Festival. The film is produced by Heather Rae, Teddy Grennan and Dori Sperko. The deal was brokered by Rae on behalf of Iron Circle Pictures and by Melanie Miller for Gravitas.
Gravitas Flies ‘Among Ravens’ With Rights Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Citing 'Greatest American Hero' Case, Judge Rules 'Three's Company' Parody Doesn't Violate Copyright: Media
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate Introduces Distribution Unit To Target Next-Gen Audiences
- Canyon Creek Films Acquires YA Horse Race Novel ‘The Glory’ By Lauren St John
- STX Entertainment Pacts With China’s Huayi Bros For 12-15 Pics Per Year
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”