In a throwdown between Jersey mobsters and George R.R. Martin’s mythological characters, Games Of Thrones wins hands down. The award-winning series has become HBO‘s most-watched with an average gross audience per episode of 18.4 million viewers across all plays, outstripping the record set by the 2002 season of The Sopranos which drew 18.2 million average gross viewers per episode. Two episodes remain in the fourth season of Game Of Thrones, which has bested itself topping the 14.4 million viewers who tuned in during Season 3. The season finale is June 15. HBO has already renewed the show for a fifth and sixth season.
With 18.4 Million Viewers, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Is HBO’s Most Watched Series Ever
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date