Another awards show is joining the primetime fray. Fox has teamed with Cumulus and dick clark prods. for American Country Countdown Awards, based on the long-running country radio countdown show. The two-hour live concert event will be broadcast from Nashville on December 15. It will feature awards, including a new honor, NASH Icon, as well as performances. American Country Countdown With Kix Brooks celebrates its 41st year as America’s longest-running country music countdown show on radio. The radio show airs on more than 280 radio stations in 155 markets, covering 90% of the country. As the value of live entertainment has risen with the proliferation of time-shifted viewing, the networks have been aggressively bulking up their slates of awards franchises, with four new ones debuting this year, iHeartRadio Music Awards, also done in partnership with a radio giant, Clear Channel, and American Comedy Awards on NBC, the Hollywood Film Awards on CBS (also produced by Dick Clark Prods.) and American Country Countdown Awards on Fox.
Fox Sets ‘American Country Countdown Awards’ With Cumulus & Dick Clark Prods.
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup