Another awards show is joining the primetime fray. Fox has teamed with Cumulus and dick clark prods. for American Country Countdown Awards, based on the long-running country radio countdown show. The two-hour live concert event will be broadcast from Nashville on December 15. It will feature awards, including a new honor, NASH Icon, as well as performances. American Country Countdown With Kix Brooks celebrates its 41st year as America’s longest-running country music countdown show on radio. The radio show airs on more than 280 radio stations in 155 markets, covering 90% of the country. As the value of live entertainment has risen with the proliferation of time-shifted viewing, the networks have been aggressively bulking up their slates of awards franchises, with four new ones debuting this year, iHeartRadio Music Awards, also done in partnership with a radio giant, Clear Channel, and American Comedy Awards on NBC, the Hollywood Film Awards on CBS (also produced by Dick Clark Prods.) and American Country Countdown Awards on Fox.
Fox Sets ‘American Country Countdown Awards’ With Cumulus & Dick Clark Prods.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Mariah Carey On ‘Empire’: First Look At Megastar Kitty In Season 3 Trailer
- ‘Louisiana Rising’ Flood Relief Concert Set To Air On Raycom Stations
- ‘The Affair’: Guy Burnet Joins Season 3 In Recurring Role
- DDA Launches Awards Campaign Division Headed By Former Weinstein Exec
- Nielsen Pegs TV Households At 118.4M For 2016-17 Season
- Barbra Streisand Duets With Donald Trump On ‘Tonight Show’