A payroll glitch in 20th Century Fox’s residuals department inadvertently voided residuals checks worth about $93,000 that were sent out to about 200 actors, writers and directors. Fox is fixing the problem and will start issuing new checks next week. The problem began when the payroll department failed to take out federal withholding taxes on residuals checks issued in January and February. They tried to correct the mistake in early May, but a miscalculation led to another problem: the over-withholding of federal taxes. That resulted in roughly 200 residuals checks being sent out but marked “void,” obviously meaning they couldn’t be cashed. The problem mostly affected actors, but some writers and directors got also got voided checks. Fox will be issuing refunds to everyone who was over-withheld by more than $10. “We regret the administrative error and any inconvenience it has caused,” a Fox spokesman said. “We are doing our utmost to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.”
Oops: Fox’s Error Voids Hundreds Of Residuals Checks
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film – AwardsLine Screening
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?