Early election results show former WGA West President Patric Verrone heading for a resounding defeat in his bid for a seat in the California state Senate. With 1% of the votes counted, Verrone has received only 2% of the vote in the eight-candidate Democratic primary to represent California’s 26th Senate District.
Patric Verrone Losing In State Senate Bid
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32M To $33M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps To $13.2M; 'Where I Leave You' No. 3
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Robb
- UPDATE: Coroner IDs Security Guard Killed On Set Of TNT's 'Falling Skies'
- DGA: Women & Minorities Watched — Again — As White Guys Directed 69% Of TV Episodes Last Season
- Shawn Ryan Top Vote-Getter in WGA West Board Election; Incumbents Keep Seats
- Study: Primetime TV Still Mostly A Boys Club — And It's Getting Tougher For Women
- Homeland In-Security Often Pits Film Biz Vs. L.A. Water & Power Department
- 'Scandal's Dan Bucatinsky On The Worries And Rewards Of Coming Out In Hollywood: Video