A&E’s Duck Dynasty continued its ratings downhill slide. The docu-drama opened its sixth season Wednesday with a 1.8 rating in adults 18-49 and 4.6 million total viewers. That was down 45% in the demo and 46% among viewers from the January Season 5 debut. They were the show’s lowest numbers since the fall of 2012. It was, however, still enough to top everything else on cable last night by a wide margin. Duck Dynasty peaked in its fourth season last August, which opened with a 5.0 demo rating and 11.8 million viewers overall, the largest audience ever for a cable reality series. Was it the controversy surrounding star Phil Robertson‘s comments about homosexuality in December or a normal trajectory for a docu-series after half a dozen years? Regardless, its ratings have been sliding ever since that controversy blew up.
‘Duck Dynasty’ Posts More Declines In Return
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner