Summit’s Divergent follow-up Insurgent has cast Keiynan Lonsdale. The actor, who recently starred on Australian dance drama Dance Academy, will play Uriah, a fellow initiate who befriends Tris (Shailene Woodley) as the stakes climb higher in the second and third installments. The character is introduced in Veronica Roth’s original YA novel Divergent, but didn’t make an appearance in Lionsgate/Summit’s $267M March blockbuster adaptation. Insurgent is being directed by Robert Schwentke from a screenplay by Brian Duffield and Akiva Goldsman. Filming is underway in Atlanta. Insurgent also stars returning cast members Theo James, Kate Winslet, Jai Courtney, Ray Stevenson, Zoë Kravitz, Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Maggie Q and Mekhi Phifer alongside new franchise castmates Naomi Watts, Octavia Spencer, Daniel Dae Kim, Rosa Salazar, Suki Waterhouse, and Jonny Weston. Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher are producing for their Red Wagon Entertainment banner along with Pouya Shahbazian. Todd Lieberman and David Hoberman are executive producing for Mandeville Films along with Neil Burger and Barry Waldman. Insurgent is set for a March 20, 2015 release. Lonsdale is repped by Silver Lining Entertainment, Morrissey Management in Australia, and attorneys Isaac Dunham and Ira Schreck.
‘Divergent’ Sequel ‘Insurgent’ Casts Keiynan Lonsdale As Uriah
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- 'Kim Jong Un' Targets Christmas Shoppers: 'Weekend Update'
- Mike Myers' Dr. Evil Advises Sony, Kim Jong Un On 'SNL'
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists