Summit’s Divergent follow-up Insurgent has cast Keiynan Lonsdale. The actor, who recently starred on Australian dance drama Dance Academy, will play Uriah, a fellow initiate who befriends Tris (Shailene Woodley) as the stakes climb higher in the second and third installments. The character is introduced in Veronica Roth’s original YA novel Divergent, but didn’t make an appearance in Lionsgate/Summit’s $267M March blockbuster adaptation. Insurgent is being directed by Robert Schwentke from a screenplay by Brian Duffield and Akiva Goldsman. Filming is underway in Atlanta. Insurgent also stars returning cast members Theo James, Kate Winslet, Jai Courtney, Ray Stevenson, Zoë Kravitz, Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Maggie Q and Mekhi Phifer alongside new franchise castmates Naomi Watts, Octavia Spencer, Daniel Dae Kim, Rosa Salazar, Suki Waterhouse, and Jonny Weston. Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher are producing for their Red Wagon Entertainment banner along with Pouya Shahbazian. Todd Lieberman and David Hoberman are executive producing for Mandeville Films along with Neil Burger and Barry Waldman. Insurgent is set for a March 20, 2015 release. Lonsdale is repped by Silver Lining Entertainment, Morrissey Management in Australia, and attorneys Isaac Dunham and Ira Schreck.
‘Divergent’ Sequel ‘Insurgent’ Casts Keiynan Lonsdale As Uriah
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Donald Trump Threatens Iran, Blasts Michael Cohen Question, Plucks Dandruff Off Emmanuel Macron At Mad Photo Op
Latest Film News
- NATO’s John Fithian At CinemaCon: Theatrical ‘Remains A Strong Business In Face Of Disruption’
- ‘House 2’: “I Hope Secretary Of Defense James Mattis Sees Haditha Massacre Doc” Says Director Michael Epstein…
- Imax Inks Deals With AMC & Cineworld To Expand New Laser System – CinemaCon
- Epic Pictures Unveils ‘The Golem’ As First Original Production For Dread Central Presents
- A Subdued Lars Von Trier Talks Cannes Comeback Movie & Addiction: "I Felt Horrible During Filming"
- BAFTA Sets Film Awards Dates; ‘Nowhere’ Starts Lensing In Canada – Global Briefs