Disney Television Animation has launched production on a new series about a pair of unlikely buddies: an emotional pickle and a freewheeling peanut. Jon Heder and Johnny Pemberton provide the respective voices for Pickle & Peanut, which is slated for a fall 2015 premiere on Disney-branded channel and platforms around the world. Created by Noah Z. Jones (Fish Hooks), the series mixes 2D animation and live-action in telling the story of small-town underdogs trying to be anything but ordinary. Joel Trussell (Yo Gabba Gabba!) developed Pickle & Peanut and serves as executive producer with Jones. Mark Rivers is the story editor. “We see very few pitches that are as funny and original as Pickle & Peanut,” said Eric Coleman, SVP Original Series at Disney TV Animation. “We instantly fell in love with these characters, and Noah and Joel have built a world with a visual style and sensibility unlike anything on TV.” The toon unit also said today that it has ordered a third season of its Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts and Season 2 of Craig McCracken’s comedy Wander Over Yonder.
Disney Greenlights ‘Pickle & Peanut’ Toon Series Starring Jon Heder
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mark Gordon To Receive Producers Guild's Norman Lear Award
- James Caan, Kevin Dillon, Sam Huntington Top Crackle Feature 'The Throwaways'
- NBC News To Air First Live Broadcast Of Global Citizen Festival Featuring Jay-Z, Carrie Underwood, The Roots
- USA's 'Benched' To Premiere October 28: Video
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Charles Dance Hints That Tywin Lannister Might Be Alive
- James Franco, Seth Rogen Celebrate Jimmy Fallon's 40th In Their Birthday Suits: VIDEO