EXCLUSIVE: Millennium Entertainment has picked up U.S. rights to psychological thriller Dead Within from director Ben Wagner, his 3:41am shingle and Aengus James and Colin King Miller’s This Is Just a Test Productions. Pic follows a man and a woman who survive a deadly outbreak by isolating themselves in a cabin. When they run out of resources and are forced to open the door, they must confront the horrors that threaten them from outside and from within. Talk about method filmmaking: Stars Amy Cale Peterson (Wagner’s Southbounders) and Dean Chekvala (True Blood, People Like Us) were locked in a cabin throughout the production in what was filmed as an “immersive” shoot. Pic was scripted by Wagner and his actors with Matthew Bradford. Millennium is plotting a fall multi-platform release while SC Films will distribute internationally. ICM Partners negotiated the domestic and international deal on behalf of the filmmakers.
Millennium Entertainment Acquires Outbreak Thriller ‘Dead Within’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'