EXCLUSIVE: Millennium Entertainment has picked up U.S. rights to psychological thriller Dead Within from director Ben Wagner, his 3:41am shingle and Aengus James and Colin King Miller’s This Is Just a Test Productions. Pic follows a man and a woman who survive a deadly outbreak by isolating themselves in a cabin. When they run out of resources and are forced to open the door, they must confront the horrors that threaten them from outside and from within. Talk about method filmmaking: Stars Amy Cale Peterson (Wagner’s Southbounders) and Dean Chekvala (True Blood, People Like Us) were locked in a cabin throughout the production in what was filmed as an “immersive” shoot. Pic was scripted by Wagner and his actors with Matthew Bradford. Millennium is plotting a fall multi-platform release while SC Films will distribute internationally. ICM Partners negotiated the domestic and international deal on behalf of the filmmakers.
Millennium Entertainment Acquires Outbreak Thriller ‘Dead Within’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Yamato
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'
- Al Sharpton Meets With Amy Pascal: Will Work To Address Hollywood's “Cultural Blindness”
- 'American Sniper' Trailer: Bradley Cooper At His Best?
- Jim Carrey, 'Dumb And Dumber To' Producers Eye Reteam On 'Deep Cover'
- 'The Interview' Yanked By Regal, AMC & Other Major Chains
- Through a Lens Darkly