EXCLUSIVE: Millennium Entertainment has picked up U.S. rights to psychological thriller Dead Within from director Ben Wagner, his 3:41am shingle and Aengus James and Colin King Miller’s This Is Just a Test Productions. Pic follows a man and a woman who survive a deadly outbreak by isolating themselves in a cabin. When they run out of resources and are forced to open the door, they must confront the horrors that threaten them from outside and from within. Talk about method filmmaking: Stars Amy Cale Peterson (Wagner’s Southbounders) and Dean Chekvala (True Blood, People Like Us) were locked in a cabin throughout the production in what was filmed as an “immersive” shoot. Pic was scripted by Wagner and his actors with Matthew Bradford. Millennium is plotting a fall multi-platform release while SC Films will distribute internationally. ICM Partners negotiated the domestic and international deal on behalf of the filmmakers.
Millennium Entertainment Acquires Outbreak Thriller ‘Dead Within’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Yamato
- Hot Fantastic Fest Trailer: 'Felt'
- Pauly Shore Documentary Acquired By Showtime
- Anthony Hopkins Boards Pacific Northwest Thriller 'Go With Me'
- Tom Sizemore Launches Crowdfunding Campaign For Detroit-Set Thriller He'll Star In & Produce
- Toronto: 'Ruth & Alex' Goes To Focus World
- Kate Mara Offered Role In Ridley Scott's 'The Martian'