EXCLUSIVE: Millennium Entertainment has picked up U.S. rights to psychological thriller Dead Within from director Ben Wagner, his 3:41am shingle and Aengus James and Colin King Miller’s This Is Just a Test Productions. Pic follows a man and a woman who survive a deadly outbreak by isolating themselves in a cabin. When they run out of resources and are forced to open the door, they must confront the horrors that threaten them from outside and from within. Talk about method filmmaking: Stars Amy Cale Peterson (Wagner’s Southbounders) and Dean Chekvala (True Blood, People Like Us) were locked in a cabin throughout the production in what was filmed as an “immersive” shoot. Pic was scripted by Wagner and his actors with Matthew Bradford. Millennium is plotting a fall multi-platform release while SC Films will distribute internationally. ICM Partners negotiated the domestic and international deal on behalf of the filmmakers.
Millennium Entertainment Acquires Outbreak Thriller ‘Dead Within’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘The Discovery’ Trailer: Consequences Ensue As Robert Redford Proves The Afterlife
- Errol Morris’ ‘The B-Side’ Acquired By Neon
- Who Is The Social Media King Of Oscar Best Picture Nominees?
- Brad Grey Hosts Farewell For His Paramount Executives
- Lionsgate Sets ‘Most Likely To Murder’; ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’s Rachel Bloom & Adam Pally Star
- Serialized Storyteller Serial Box Signs With Janklow & Nesbit