EXCLUSIVE: Constance Zimmer (House Of Cards, The Newsroom, Entourage) has been cast as a lead opposite Shiri Appleby in Lifetime’s darkly comedic drama series Un-Real, which gives a behind-the-scenes look at the chaos surrounding the production of a competition dating reality series. She will play the dispassionate executive producer of the unscripted show, replacing Magyn Price, who played the role in the pilot. The 10-episodes series, from Marti Noxon and Sarah Gertrude Shapiro, is inspired by Shapiro’s short film Sequin Raze. It centers on Rachel (Appleby), a young staffer whose sole job is to manipulate her relationships with and among the contestants to get the vital dramatic and outrageous footage the program’s executive producer (Zimmer) demands. Un-Real co-stars Freddie Stroma as the dating show’s handsome and intelligent bachelor, Adam; and Josh Kelly as Jeremy, a cameraman who is Rachel’s ex-boyfriend. A+E Studios is producing, the first scripted series produced and distributed by A+E Network’s production arm. Noxon exec produces alongside Sally DeSipio and Bob Serter; Shapiro serves as supervising producer. Zimmer is repped by UTA and Sweeney Entertainment.
Constance Zimmer Gets Starring Role In New Lifetime Series ‘Un-Real’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Andreeva
- Brad Copeland To Write ABC Comedy Starring Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo
- Angela Kinsey To Topline & Co-Create ABC Buddy Comedy Produced By Darlene Hunt & Will Gluck
- CBS Buys Meatball Restaurant Comedy From Bill Lawrence, Jeff Astrof & All3Media With Production Commitment
- Q&A: Laurence Fishburne On 'Black-Ish' Comedic Turn, 'Hannibal' Return & 'CSI'
- AMC To Board Channel 4 Series 'Humans' As Xbox Entertainment Studios Downsizes Slate & Mulls Possible Future