EXCLUSIVE: Constance Zimmer (House Of Cards, The Newsroom, Entourage) has been cast as a lead opposite Shiri Appleby in Lifetime’s darkly comedic drama series Un-Real, which gives a behind-the-scenes look at the chaos surrounding the production of a competition dating reality series. She will play the dispassionate executive producer of the unscripted show, replacing Magyn Price, who played the role in the pilot. The 10-episodes series, from Marti Noxon and Sarah Gertrude Shapiro, is inspired by Shapiro’s short film Sequin Raze. It centers on Rachel (Appleby), a young staffer whose sole job is to manipulate her relationships with and among the contestants to get the vital dramatic and outrageous footage the program’s executive producer (Zimmer) demands. Un-Real co-stars Freddie Stroma as the dating show’s handsome and intelligent bachelor, Adam; and Josh Kelly as Jeremy, a cameraman who is Rachel’s ex-boyfriend. A+E Studios is producing, the first scripted series produced and distributed by A+E Network’s production arm. Noxon exec produces alongside Sally DeSipio and Bob Serter; Shapiro serves as supervising producer. Zimmer is repped by UTA and Sweeney Entertainment.
Constance Zimmer Gets Starring Role In New Lifetime Series ‘Un-Real’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'