EXCLUSIVE: Constance Zimmer (House Of Cards, The Newsroom, Entourage) has been cast as a lead opposite Shiri Appleby in Lifetime’s darkly comedic drama series Un-Real, which gives a behind-the-scenes look at the chaos surrounding the production of a competition dating reality series. She will play the dispassionate executive producer of the unscripted show, replacing Magyn Price, who played the role in the pilot. The 10-episodes series, from Marti Noxon and Sarah Gertrude Shapiro, is inspired by Shapiro’s short film Sequin Raze. It centers on Rachel (Appleby), a young staffer whose sole job is to manipulate her relationships with and among the contestants to get the vital dramatic and outrageous footage the program’s executive producer (Zimmer) demands. Un-Real co-stars Freddie Stroma as the dating show’s handsome and intelligent bachelor, Adam; and Josh Kelly as Jeremy, a cameraman who is Rachel’s ex-boyfriend. A+E Studios is producing, the first scripted series produced and distributed by A+E Network’s production arm. Noxon exec produces alongside Sally DeSipio and Bob Serter; Shapiro serves as supervising producer. Zimmer is repped by UTA and Sweeney Entertainment.
Constance Zimmer Gets Starring Role In New Lifetime Series ‘Un-Real’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS