The gritty cast of John Hillcoat’s cop drama Triple 9 just got grittier. Clifton Collins, Jr., the Capote star last seen in Pacific Rim, has signed on for a film that shoots next month. He joins Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Kate Winslet in a Matt Cook-scripted drama a crew of dirty cops who are blackmailed by the Russian mob to execute a virtually impossible heist. The only way to pull it off is to manufacture a 999, police code for “officer down”. Their plan is turned upside down when the unsuspecting rookie they set up to die foils the attack. That triggers double-crosses, greed and revenge. Worldview is financing and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin, Keith Redmon, and Bard Dorros are producing with Sierra/Affinity. Paul Green is exec producer. Collins is repped by Industry Entertainment, Resolution and attorney David Krintzman.
Clifton Collins Jr. Joins ‘Triple 9’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Luc Besson’s ‘Valerian’ Calling On Aspiring Artists: Another ‘Fifth Element’ Fashion Statement?
- Shout! Acquires All U.S. Rights To Arcana Studios’ H.P. Lovecraft Animated Film
- Flemish Director Robin Pront Signs With WME & Anonymous Content
- Canal Plus, Disney Extend Programming Deal With Force – Mipcom
- Relativity And Ryan Kavanaugh Face Challenges In Keeping International Partners On-Board
- George Lopez To Star In ‘Aloha Santa’; Hope Davis Joins ‘Claire’