The gritty cast of John Hillcoat’s cop drama Triple Nine just got grittier. Clifton Collins, Jr., the Capote star last seen in Pacific Rim, has signed on for a film that shoots next month. He joins Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Kate Winslet in a Matt Cook-scripted drama a crew of dirty cops who are blackmailed by the Russian mob to execute a virtually impossible heist. The only way to pull it off is to manufacture a 999, police code for “officer down”. Their plan is turned upside down when the unsuspecting rookie they set up to die foils the attack. That triggers double-crosses, greed and revenge. Worldview is financing and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin, Keith Redmon, and Bard Dorros are producing with Sierra/Affinity. Paul Green is exec producer. Collins is repped by Industry Entertainment, Resolution and attorney David Krintzman.
Clifton Collins Jr. Joins ‘Triple Nine’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter