The gritty cast of John Hillcoat’s cop drama Triple Nine just got grittier. Clifton Collins, Jr., the Capote star last seen in Pacific Rim, has signed on for a film that shoots next month. He joins Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Kate Winslet in a Matt Cook-scripted drama a crew of dirty cops who are blackmailed by the Russian mob to execute a virtually impossible heist. The only way to pull it off is to manufacture a 999, police code for “officer down”. Their plan is turned upside down when the unsuspecting rookie they set up to die foils the attack. That triggers double-crosses, greed and revenge. Worldview is financing and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin, Keith Redmon, and Bard Dorros are producing with Sierra/Affinity. Paul Green is exec producer. Collins is repped by Industry Entertainment, Resolution and attorney David Krintzman.
Clifton Collins Jr. Joins ‘Triple Nine’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'