The gritty cast of John Hillcoat’s cop drama Triple Nine just got grittier. Clifton Collins, Jr., the Capote star last seen in Pacific Rim, has signed on for a film that shoots next month. He joins Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Kate Winslet in a Matt Cook-scripted drama a crew of dirty cops who are blackmailed by the Russian mob to execute a virtually impossible heist. The only way to pull it off is to manufacture a 999, police code for “officer down”. Their plan is turned upside down when the unsuspecting rookie they set up to die foils the attack. That triggers double-crosses, greed and revenge. Worldview is financing and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin, Keith Redmon, and Bard Dorros are producing with Sierra/Affinity. Paul Green is exec producer. Collins is repped by Industry Entertainment, Resolution and attorney David Krintzman.
Clifton Collins Jr. Joins ‘Triple Nine’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount