The gritty cast of John Hillcoat’s cop drama Triple Nine just got grittier. Clifton Collins, Jr., the Capote star last seen in Pacific Rim, has signed on for a film that shoots next month. He joins Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Kate Winslet in a Matt Cook-scripted drama a crew of dirty cops who are blackmailed by the Russian mob to execute a virtually impossible heist. The only way to pull it off is to manufacture a 999, police code for “officer down”. Their plan is turned upside down when the unsuspecting rookie they set up to die foils the attack. That triggers double-crosses, greed and revenge. Worldview is financing and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin, Keith Redmon, and Bard Dorros are producing with Sierra/Affinity. Paul Green is exec producer. Collins is repped by Industry Entertainment, Resolution and attorney David Krintzman.
Clifton Collins Jr. Joins ‘Triple Nine’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate Introduces Distribution Unit To Target Next-Gen Audiences
- Canyon Creek Films Acquires YA Horse Race Novel ‘The Glory’ By Lauren St John
- STX Entertainment Pacts With China’s Huayi Bros For 12-15 Pics Per Year
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”