The gritty cast of John Hillcoat’s cop drama Triple 9 just got grittier. Clifton Collins, Jr., the Capote star last seen in Pacific Rim, has signed on for a film that shoots next month. He joins Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Kate Winslet in a Matt Cook-scripted drama a crew of dirty cops who are blackmailed by the Russian mob to execute a virtually impossible heist. The only way to pull it off is to manufacture a 999, police code for “officer down”. Their plan is turned upside down when the unsuspecting rookie they set up to die foils the attack. That triggers double-crosses, greed and revenge. Worldview is financing and Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin, Keith Redmon, and Bard Dorros are producing with Sierra/Affinity. Paul Green is exec producer. Collins is repped by Industry Entertainment, Resolution and attorney David Krintzman.
Clifton Collins Jr. Joins ‘Triple 9’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorites
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?
- Madeline Brewer Joins Rupert Wyatt’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Captive State’
- Jennifer Garner In Final Negotiations To Join ‘Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda’
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald