EXCLUSIVE: ABC Studios is keeping its ABC drama pilot Clementine alive by extending the options on the cast that were set to expire at the end of the month. Clementine was on the short list of ABC series pickup contenders but missed the cut. It was one of two supernatural/genre drama pilots, along with The Whispers (aka The Visitors), which went to series. Written by Dean Georgaris and directed by Michael Dinner, Clementine centers on habitual criminal Clementine Ross (Sarah Snook) who digs in to the mystery of her origins after she becomes the target of a group of zealots who fear she possesses latent supernatural abilities that she will one day harness for either profound good or monstrous evil. The cast of the project, from the Mark Gordon Co., also includes Mykelti Williamson, David Strathairn, Edwin Hodge, Kevin Alejandro, Kathleen Munroe, Nick Gehlfuss and McKenna Grace. Alejandro was recently tapped for and is currently filming another drama, A&E’s 10-episode straight-to-series The Returned, from Carlton Cuse. Cuse has a strong relationship with ABC Studios where he co-ran Lost for six seasons and is now the co-creator/executive producer of Amazon pilot Point of Honor. While a positive sign, extending cast options does not guarantee a series pickup. Last season, of all pilots that picked up their actors only one, NBC’s Craig Robinson comedy, went to series.
ABC Drama Pilot ‘Clementine’ Extends Cast Options
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Ratings Top Night Again, ’20/20′ Hits Viewership Season High
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks