Cinedigm has inked a multi-picture distribution and production output deal with VMI Worldwide. Under the pact, VMI will produce, co-produce or acquire four genre-centric films per year, with Cinedigm handling the theatrical and home entertainment release and distribution strategy and manage the marketing campaigns. Cinedigm will be involved in all stages of production; the first film in the deal is Opposite Sex, starring Mena Suvari and Kristin Chenoweth. This is the latest such tie-up for the indie content distributor, which earlier this inked a producer deal with Marco Weber’s Rapid Eye Film for 15 genre pics. Cinedigm also signed on with Viva Pictures Distribution, and as part of that pact in March acquired U.S. distribution rights to Antboy, based on the Danish comic book.
Cinedigm & VMI Worldwide Ink Multi-Year Output Deal For Genre Pics
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…