Cinedigm has inked a multi-picture distribution and production output deal with VMI Worldwide. Under the pact, VMI will produce, co-produce or acquire four genre-centric films per year, with Cinedigm handling the theatrical and home entertainment release and distribution strategy and manage the marketing campaigns. Cinedigm will be involved in all stages of production; the first film in the deal is Opposite Sex, starring Mena Suvari and Kristin Chenoweth. This is the latest such tie-up for the indie content distributor, which earlier this inked a producer deal with Marco Weber’s Rapid Eye Film for 15 genre pics. Cinedigm also signed on with Viva Pictures Distribution, and as part of that pact in March acquired U.S. distribution rights to Antboy, based on the Danish comic book.
Cinedigm & VMI Worldwide Ink Multi-Year Output Deal For Genre Pics
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City's Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
Latest Film News
- Venice Film Festival 2016: 'Arrival', 'Jackie', 'Light Between Oceans', 'Nocturnal Animals', Malick's 'Voyage Of Time' & Gibson's…
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked