Cinedigm has inked a multi-picture distribution and production output deal with VMI Worldwide. Under the pact, VMI will produce, co-produce or acquire four genre-centric films per year, with Cinedigm handling the theatrical and home entertainment release and distribution strategy and manage the marketing campaigns. Cinedigm will be involved in all stages of production; the first film in the deal is Opposite Sex, starring Mena Suvari and Kristin Chenoweth. This is the latest such tie-up for the indie content distributor, which earlier this inked a producer deal with Marco Weber’s Rapid Eye Film for 15 genre pics. Cinedigm also signed on with Viva Pictures Distribution, and as part of that pact in March acquired U.S. distribution rights to Antboy, based on the Danish comic book.
Cinedigm & VMI Worldwide Ink Multi-Year Output Deal For Genre Pics
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct
- Mel Gibson Scores Hollywood Film Awards Director Honor
- Shannon Purser Joins Joey King In ‘Wish Upon’ For Broad Green Pictures
- Kristin Harris Named VP Acquisitions & Distribution At Good Deed Entertainment
- Monterey Media Nabs Sundance Pic ‘Sophie And The Rising Sun’
- Studio 8 Gets Into Comic Book Action With ‘Scout’ For Filmmaker Chris MacBride