Cinedigm has inked a multi-picture distribution and production output deal with VMI Worldwide. Under the pact, VMI will produce, co-produce or acquire four genre-centric films per year, with Cinedigm handling the theatrical and home entertainment release and distribution strategy and manage the marketing campaigns. Cinedigm will be involved in all stages of production; the first film in the deal is Opposite Sex, starring Mena Suvari and Kristin Chenoweth. This is the latest such tie-up for the indie content distributor, which earlier this inked a producer deal with Marco Weber’s Rapid Eye Film for 15 genre pics. Cinedigm also signed on with Viva Pictures Distribution, and as part of that pact in March acquired U.S. distribution rights to Antboy, based on the Danish comic book.
Cinedigm & VMI Worldwide Ink Multi-Year Output Deal For Genre Pics
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company
- Ghost-Hunter Drama Set To Haunt BBC America & BBC One