In what sounds like a challenge to ITV’s upcoming Rising Star adaptation, the UK’s Channel 4 is launching a live multi-platform, interactive singing competition, The Singer Takes It All. Endemol UK created the format, which will air in four hourlong parts. Well-known UK TV presenter Alan Carr will host. The weekly primetime game show will see budding singers perform live on a 60-foot-long moving stage while, via a new app, judges at home will rate their performances a ‘hit’ or a ‘miss.’ The results will play out on screen seconds later. If a singer gets a hit rating, they move forward towards the Gold Zone at the front stage to continue their song. But if the majority of viewers judge them a miss, they’re booted backwards off the track — and potentially out of the show. Viewers get up to four votes for each performance with constant voting throughout. The best singer on each show will perform a second time for a shot at an unspecified cash prize. The free app is built by Chunk, incorporating new live-voting technology developed by Tectonic Interactive. No air date has been set. While the show is only planned as a four-parter for now, it does sound very reminiscent of interactive singing competition show Rising Star which ITV is expected to air beginning in January 2015. The Singer Take it All is a co-production of Endemol UK’s Initial and Remarkable Television. Executive producer is Nic McNeilis and digital executive producer is Karen Troop.
Channel 4 Orders Endemol UK’s Interactive Competition ‘The Singer Takes It All’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- 'Doctor Who' Down 1.59M UK Viewers In Sophomore Outing
- Simon Cowell's Return To 'X Factor UK' Scores Best Launch Since 2011 With 9.5M Viewers
- FT Vet Rona Fairhead Expected To Be First Woman To Chair BBC Trust
- Hot TV Trailer: 'Downton Abbey' Season 5; UK Premiere Set For September 21
- Venice: Al Pacino Waxes On Depression, The Actors Studio & The “Amazing” 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'
- Venice: '99 Homes' Takes On The 1% With Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon (Video)