Cartoon Network has greenlit two additional seasons of animated series The Amazing World Of Gumball, bringing the total order to five seasons. Created by Ben Bocquelet and directed by Mic Graves, Gumball is the first full-length animated series out of Cartoon Network Studio Europe. The series about an amusing blue cat named Gumball and his best buddy Darwin, a pet goldfish, combines 2D and 3D animation in a live-action setting. Season 3 is slated to premiere Thursday on Cartoon Network in the U.S. The series, which has won BAFTA, Annie and International Emmy awards, ranked #1 in its time slot in the U.S. among kids 6-11 and boys 2-11 & 6-11 in Season 2. Internationally, Gumball reached a total of 36.5 million primetime viewers across Europe, the Middle East and Africa between January and March of this year.
Cartoon Network Picks Up Two More Seasons Of ‘The Amazing World Of Gumball’
What's Hot on Deadline
'South Park's Donald Trump Argues That Vote For Hillary Clinton Is Vote Against New 'Star Wars' Movie
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Bob Greenblatt: ‘The Voice,’ ‘This Is Us’ Are The “Antidote To The World We Live In”
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot