Cartoon Network has greenlit two additional seasons of animated series The Amazing World Of Gumball, bringing the total order to five seasons. Created by Ben Bocquelet and directed by Mic Graves, Gumball is the first full-length animated series out of Cartoon Network Studio Europe. The series about an amusing blue cat named Gumball and his best buddy Darwin, a pet goldfish, combines 2D and 3D animation in a live-action setting. Season 3 is slated to premiere Thursday on Cartoon Network in the U.S. The series, which has won BAFTA, Annie and International Emmy awards, ranked #1 in its time slot in the U.S. among kids 6-11 and boys 2-11 & 6-11 in Season 2. Internationally, Gumball reached a total of 36.5 million primetime viewers across Europe, the Middle East and Africa between January and March of this year.
Cartoon Network Picks Up Two More Seasons Of ‘The Amazing World Of Gumball’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen”
- 'Focus' Trailer: Will Smith, Margot Robbie & The Big Con
- Katherine McNamara Books 'The Maze Runner 2′ & 'Indiscretion'