Cartoon Network has greenlit two additional seasons of animated series The Amazing World Of Gumball, bringing the total order to five seasons. Created by Ben Bocquelet and directed by Mic Graves, Gumball is the first full-length animated series out of Cartoon Network Studio Europe. The series about an amusing blue cat named Gumball and his best buddy Darwin, a pet goldfish, combines 2D and 3D animation in a live-action setting. Season 3 is slated to premiere Thursday on Cartoon Network in the U.S. The series, which has won BAFTA, Annie and International Emmy awards, ranked #1 in its time slot in the U.S. among kids 6-11 and boys 2-11 & 6-11 in Season 2. Internationally, Gumball reached a total of 36.5 million primetime viewers across Europe, the Middle East and Africa between January and March of this year.
Cartoon Network Picks Up Two More Seasons Of ‘The Amazing World Of Gumball’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions