EXCLUSIVE: Fox Animation is moving again on animated adaptation Cardboard. I’m hearing Dance of the Dead‘s Joe Ballarini has been tapped to adapt the graphic novel written by Earthworm Jim creator Doug TenNapel, which the studio optioned in 2012 with Epic‘s Chris Wedge attached to direct. Story tracks a young boy and his father who must battle cardboard monsters that magically come to life. Gotham Group and Tobey Maguire’s Material Pictures are producing. Ballarini previously scripted Atlantis 7 for Walden Media, Shawn Levy’s 21 Laps, and Gotham Group. He also sold spec Lockdown at Franklin High to Sony with Michael Bay producing and last year sold medieval action fantasy pitch Merlin to New Line for Adam Shankman in a six figure deal. He’s repped by Paradigm and Apostle.
Joe Ballarini To Script Graphic Novel Adaptation ‘Cardboard’ For Fox Animation
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Alcon Worldwide Marketing President Richard Ingber To Exit
- 'The Gambler': Mark Wahlberg In Remake's First Redband Peek
- Constantin, Dark Horse Team For 'Polar' Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Jeremy Sisto & More Join 'Love Is All You Need,' Kea Ho Gets 'Urge'
- IFC Nabs Al Pacino Drama 'Manglehorn'