While Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumolo declined to make a sequel to their comedy hit Bridesmaids, they have made a TriStar deal for an original comedy they’re writing for the former Saturday Night Live star to make her directing debut. Tom Rothman’s company announced they will star as best friends who find themselves in over their heads and out of their depths, which were, perhaps, not too deep to begin with. Mumolo recently wrote the film on Miracle Mop lady Joy Mangano for Fox 2000, which David O Russell will direct with Jennifer Lawrence starring. Wiig will next be seen opposite fellow former SNL castmember Bill Hader in The Skeleton Twins, which premiered at Sundance. She and Mumolo got Oscar noms for their Bridesmaids script.
‘Bridesmaids’ Team Kristen Wiig And Annie Mumolo Set Comedy At TriStar
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role
- Colin Trevorrow’s Next Page? Helming ‘Book Of Henry’ For SKE