While Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumolo declined to make a sequel to their comedy hit Bridesmaids, they have made a TriStar deal for an original comedy they’re writing for the former Saturday Night Live star to make her directing debut. Tom Rothman’s company announced they will star as best friends who find themselves in over their heads and out of their depths, which were, perhaps, not too deep to begin with. Mumolo recently wrote the film on Miracle Mop lady Joy Mangano for Fox 2000, which David O Russell will direct with Jennifer Lawrence starring. Wiig will next be seen opposite fellow former SNL castmember Bill Hader in The Skeleton Twins, which premiered at Sundance. She and Mumolo got Oscar noms for their Bridesmaids script.
‘Bridesmaids’ Team Kristen Wiig And Annie Mumolo Set Comedy At TriStar
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatars:' 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- UPDATED: Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction