EXCLUSIVE: Writing team Adam Mason and Simon Boyes (Blood River) have been hired to write internet-themed horror pic Fear Followers for Relativity Media. The duo started out collaborating across the pond on the 2006 UK indie genre feature Broken and followed with The Devil’s Chair, Blood River, Luster, and Junkie, which Mason directed and co-scripted with Boyes. They will script based off a treatment by Jaime Primak Sullivan, who is also a co-producer. Per a source close to the project, film tracks four college students who run a blog for fear junkies called Fear Followers, searching for the scariest haunted houses in America. They become trapped in one house and must fight for survival while their followers watch live online. Mason and Boyes last year sold spec Equinox to Paramount Insurge and wrote Not Safe For Work for Blumhouse Productions, which Joe Johnston directed. Becky Sanderman is overseeing Fear Followers for Relativity. Mason and Boyes are repped by Bryan Brucks at Luber Roklin, WME, and George Davis.
‘Blood River’ Team Logs On To Script ‘Fear Followers’ For Relativity
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest Film News
- There’s Some Scary Movie Math Lurking In The Disney-Fox Deal
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Eyeing $202M-$208M Opening After $97M-$100M Friday – Midday Update
- Sundance 2018: RuPaul Heading To Park City For ‘Drag Race’ Retrospective & Award Juror Role
- Harvey Weinstein Denies Peter Jackson’s Assertion He Blacklisted Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s’ Guillermo Del Toro Ranks His Favorite Del Toro Films, But Says “I Would Die For Each Of My 10 Movies”…
- Tyson Ritter Cast In ‘Peppermint’, ‘Gloria’ & More