EXCLUSIVE: Writing team Adam Mason and Simon Boyes (Blood River) have been hired to write internet-themed horror pic Fear Followers for Relativity Media. The duo started out collaborating across the pond on the 2006 UK indie genre feature Broken and followed with The Devil’s Chair, Blood River, Luster, and Junkie, which Mason directed and co-scripted with Boyes. They will script based off a treatment by Jaime Primak Sullivan, who is also a co-producer. Per a source close to the project, film tracks four college students who run a blog for fear junkies called Fear Followers, searching for the scariest haunted houses in America. They become trapped in one house and must fight for survival while their followers watch live online. Mason and Boyes last year sold spec Equinox to Paramount Insurge and wrote Not Safe For Work for Blumhouse Productions, which Joe Johnston directed. Becky Sanderman is overseeing Fear Followers for Relativity. Mason and Boyes are repped by Bryan Brucks at Luber Roklin, WME, and George Davis.
‘Blood River’ Team Logs On To Script ‘Fear Followers’ For Relativity
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'