It looks like taking over downtown LA for the weekend has paid of for BET. The BET Awards drew 7.9 million total viewers last night, dwarfing this year’s cable-aired awards shows like the MTV Movie Awards (those drew 3.2 million viewers April 13) and heating up social media with 11 million tweets about the event. The viewership number is up from the 7.8 million who tuned in last year, when Samuel L Jackson hosted. Chris Rock hosted this year and was spot on (why isn’t he on TV more?). The weekend’s BET Experience at L.A. Live drew 112,488 attendees for film screenings, 106 & Park live tapings, interviews and concerts featuring the likes of Outkast, Maxwell, Jill Scott, Mary J. Blige, Future, The Roots and Trey Songz.
BET Awards Draw 7.9 Million Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Doubles Down On Emmy Joke About John Oliver
- ‘Late Show’: Hillary Clinton Calls Putin A Manspreader; Says She’s “Paula Revere”
- Conan O’Brien Visits Jerusalem; Shares Trump’s Peace Plan Which Includes A Hotel Casino & Hummus Fountain
- Donald Trump Says Ratings For This Year’s Emmys Were “The Worst Ever”
- Damon Lindelof Teases Start Of ‘Watchmen’ Series At HBO
- CAA Promotes Quartet Of Trainees