EXCLUSIVE: Bestselling author Steve Hamilton has signed a near-seven-figure deal with St. Martin’s Minotaur for North American rights to his next four books. The new deal calls for two more titles in Hamilton’s Alex McKnight series, which currently spans 10 books, and two novels that will launch a new, untitled crime series. St. Martin’s is high on the new series and is keeping the storyline under wraps. Hamilton is one of only two authors to win Edgars for Best First Novel and Best Novel. He also has written two New York Times notable books of the year. The Lock Artist is the rare book to win the Edgar in America, the CWA Steel Dagger for Best Thriller in the UK, and an Alex Award – given out by the American Library Association to books that successfully cross over from the adult market and appeal to young-adult readers. The Lock Artist currently is under option by Avatar 4 scribe Shane Salerno. Editor Peter Joseph made the deal for St. Martin’s Minotaur, and Hamilton was repped by The Story Factory, which will shop the four titles internationally shortly.
Author Steve Hamilton Re-Ups At St. Martin’s Press
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'