EXCLUSIVE: Bestselling author Steve Hamilton has signed a near-seven-figure deal with St. Martin’s Minotaur for North American rights to his next four books. The new deal calls for two more titles in Hamilton’s Alex McKnight series, which currently spans 10 books, and two novels that will launch a new, untitled crime series. St. Martin’s is high on the new series and is keeping the storyline under wraps. Hamilton is one of only two authors to win Edgars for Best First Novel and Best Novel. He also has written two New York Times notable books of the year. The Lock Artist is the rare book to win the Edgar in America, the CWA Steel Dagger for Best Thriller in the UK, and an Alex Award – given out by the American Library Association to books that successfully cross over from the adult market and appeal to young-adult readers. The Lock Artist currently is under option by Avatar 4 scribe Shane Salerno. Editor Peter Joseph made the deal for St. Martin’s Minotaur, and Hamilton was repped by The Story Factory, which will shop the four titles internationally shortly.
Author Steve Hamilton Re-Ups At St. Martin’s Press
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction