EXCLUSIVE: Bestselling author Steve Hamilton has signed a near-seven-figure deal with St. Martin’s Minotaur for North American rights to his next four books. The new deal calls for two more titles in Hamilton’s Alex McKnight series, which currently spans 10 books, and two novels that will launch a new, untitled crime series. St. Martin’s is high on the new series and is keeping the storyline under wraps. Hamilton is one of only two authors to win Edgars for Best First Novel and Best Novel. He also has written two New York Times notable books of the year. The Lock Artist is the rare book to win the Edgar in America, the CWA Steel Dagger for Best Thriller in the UK, and an Alex Award – given out by the American Library Association to books that successfully cross over from the adult market and appeal to young-adult readers. The Lock Artist currently is under option by Avatar 4 scribe Shane Salerno. Editor Peter Joseph made the deal for St. Martin’s Minotaur, and Hamilton was repped by The Story Factory, which will shop the four titles internationally shortly.
Author Steve Hamilton Re-Ups At St. Martin’s Press
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s…