Atlantique Productions, the French producer behind Transporter – The Series, is partnering with Keshet UK to develop eight-part drama series Crater Lake. Billed as a life-affirming, character-driven show about death, it was created by Ron Leshem who created Israeli series Gordin Cell and is exec producing its U.S. adaptation Allegiance. Leshem also wrote the novel Beaufort and co-wrote the 2007 big screen transfer which was nominated as Best Foreign Language Film at the Oscars. Keshet UK was established by Keshet International in 2012. The deal with Atlantique sees the latter, which also produces Borgia, make its first move to diversify its range of productions and work on high-end dramas for the international marketplace with independent producers from around the world. Atlantique CEO Olivier Bibas and creative director Patrick Nebout will act as executive producers on Crater Lake. For Keshet, exec producers are Keshet Media Group CEO, Avi Nir, KI CEO Alon Shtruzman and Keshet UK head of scripted, Sara Johnson.
Atlantique, Keshet UK Developing ‘Crater Lake’ From ‘Gordin Cell’s Ron Leshem
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- North Korea Slams Berlin Fest Over ‘The Interview’ – But Film Isn’t Part Of Lineup
- Simon West To Helm ‘The Blob’ Remake; Goldcrest Selling At EFM – Berlin
- ‘Wolf Hall’ Debut Sets 10-Year Record For BBC2; Critics Howl With Praise – Video
- Bohemia Group Invades New Zealand; ‘Timbuktu’ To Screen In Paris Suburb After All
- ‘Frankenstein Chronicles’ Adds ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actors & More To Join Sean Bean
- Russia To Control Film Release Dates; Will Hollywood Feel A Push?