Atlantique Productions, the French producer behind Transporter – The Series, is partnering with Keshet UK to develop eight-part drama series Crater Lake. Billed as a life-affirming, character-driven show about death, it was created by Ron Leshem who created Israeli series Gordin Cell and is exec producing its U.S. adaptation Allegiance. Leshem also wrote the novel Beaufort and co-wrote the 2007 big screen transfer which was nominated as Best Foreign Language Film at the Oscars. Keshet UK was established by Keshet International in 2012. The deal with Atlantique sees the latter, which also produces Borgia, make its first move to diversify its range of productions and work on high-end dramas for the international marketplace with independent producers from around the world. Atlantique CEO Olivier Bibas and creative director Patrick Nebout will act as executive producers on Crater Lake. For Keshet, exec producers are Keshet Media Group CEO, Avi Nir, KI CEO Alon Shtruzman and Keshet UK head of scripted, Sara Johnson.
Atlantique, Keshet UK Developing ‘Crater Lake’ From ‘Gordin Cell’s Ron Leshem
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Tartaglione
- 'Maze Runner' Races To $37.6M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; 'Apes' Crosses $100M In China
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?