No big surprise here: Fox said tonight that its principal on-camera folks will be back on American Idol next season. Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick, Jr. will return as judges and Ryan Seacrest will host the show’s its 14th season. Seacrest closed his deal in May — two days after Fox announced the series renewal — and Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva reported last month that the judge trio was likely to be back. “Jennifer, Keith, Harry and Ryan are the very best in the business at what they do, and I’m thrilled that they are returning to American Idol for another season,” said David Hill, Senior EVP of 21st Century Fox. “Each brings unique qualities and expertise to the team, but they all share the same passion for helping undiscovered singers achieve the American dream.” The singing reality competition wrapped its 13th season May 21 down from the previous year.
‘American Idol’ Season 14: J.Lo, Keith Urban & Harry Connick Jr Returning As Judges; Ryan Seacrest Back As Host
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Matt Corman & Chris Ord Join CW Drama ‘Containment’ As Co-Showrunners
- Nazneen Contractor Joins NBC’s ‘Heroes Reborn'; Aoibhinn McGinnity In Cinemax’s ‘Quarry’
- Michael Nyqvist Signs With ICM Partners
- Nicholas D’Agosto Returns To ‘Gotham’ As Series Regular
- Sony Eyes Relaunching TriStar Television Banner Run By Suzanne Patmore Gibbs
- ‘Jane The Virgin’ Emmy Campaign Employs Gina Rodriguez’s Own Words