EXCLUSIVE: AMC is developing The Son, a drama series based on the best-selling 2013 novel by Philipp Meyer. The Son, produced by Sonar Entertainment, is a multi-generational epic telling the story of America’s birth as a superpower through the bloody rise and fall of one Texas oil empire. The project, originally intended as an event series, sparked interest from multiple networks. Meyer will executive produce the AMC adaptation with Lee Shipman and Brian McGreevy, who developed Netflix/Gaumont’s Hemlock Grove based on McGreedy’s novel, and Michael Connolly. McGreevy, Shipman and Connolly exec produce Hemlock Grove, whose second season premieres in July. Shipman, McGreevy and Meyer were repped in the deal by CAA and attorney David Matlof.
AMC Adapting Novel ‘The Son’ As Drama Series With ‘Hemlock Grove’ Creators
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'