EXCLUSIVE: AMC is developing The Son, a drama series based on the best-selling 2013 novel by Philipp Meyer. The Son, produced by Sonar Entertainment, is a multi-generational epic telling the story of America’s birth as a superpower through the bloody rise and fall of one Texas oil empire. The project, originally intended as an event series, sparked interest from multiple networks. Meyer will executive produce the AMC adaptation with Lee Shipman and Brian McGreevy, who developed Netflix/Gaumont’s Hemlock Grove based on McGreedy’s novel, and Michael Connolly. McGreevy, Shipman and Connolly exec produce Hemlock Grove, whose second season premieres in July. Shipman, McGreevy and Meyer were repped in the deal by CAA and attorney David Matlof.
AMC Adapting Novel ‘The Son’ As Drama Series With ‘Hemlock Grove’ Creators
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres