EXCLUSIVE: AMC is developing The Son, a drama series based on the best-selling 2013 novel by Philipp Meyer. The Son, produced by Sonar Entertainment, is a multi-generational epic telling the story of America’s birth as a superpower through the bloody rise and fall of one Texas oil empire. The project, originally intended as an event series, sparked interest from multiple networks. Meyer will executive produce the AMC adaptation with Lee Shipman and Brian McGreevy, who developed Netflix/Gaumont’s Hemlock Grove based on McGreedy’s novel, and Michael Connolly. McGreevy, Shipman and Connolly exec produce Hemlock Grove, whose second season premieres in July. Shipman, McGreevy and Meyer were repped in the deal by CAA and attorney David Matlof.
AMC Adapting Novel ‘The Son’ As Drama Series With ‘Hemlock Grove’ Creators
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison