UPDATED: Comedy writers Alex Barnow and Marc Firek are staying at Sony TV but no longer exclusively as a writing team. The Mr. Sunshine co-creators have closed their first individual two-year overall deals with the studio after four consecutive overall pacts there as a duo. They still intend to work together but will also develop on their own. Barnow and Firek had been a team since meeting at a backyard barbecue/political fundraiser 15 years ago. A gig on the Sony TV-produced comedy ‘Til Death led to their first overall deal with the studio. They have been at Sony ever since. Barnow and Firek worked on the studio’s CBS comedy series Rules Of Engagement before they co-created with star Matthew Perry Mr. Sunshine. The two, repped by UTA and Hansen Jacobson, are currently executive producers/writers on Sony TV’s ABC comedy The Goldbergs, which is returning for a second season.
Alex Barnow & Marc Firek Ink Overall Deals With Sony Pictures TV
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Matt Corman & Chris Ord Join CW Drama ‘Containment’ As Co-Showrunners
- Nazneen Contractor Joins NBC’s ‘Heroes Reborn'; Aoibhinn McGinnity In Cinemax’s ‘Quarry’
- Michael Nyqvist Signs With ICM Partners
- Nicholas D’Agosto Returns To ‘Gotham’ As Series Regular
- Sony Eyes Relaunching TriStar Television Banner Run By Suzanne Patmore Gibbs
- ‘Jane The Virgin’ Emmy Campaign Employs Gina Rodriguez’s Own Words