UPDATED: Comedy writers Alex Barnow and Marc Firek are staying at Sony TV but no longer exclusively as a writing team. The Mr. Sunshine co-creators have closed their first individual two-year overall deals with the studio after four consecutive overall pacts there as a duo. They still intend to work together but will also develop on their own. Barnow and Firek had been a team since meeting at a backyard barbecue/political fundraiser 15 years ago. A gig on the Sony TV-produced comedy ‘Til Death led to their first overall deal with the studio. They have been at Sony ever since. Barnow and Firek worked on the studio’s CBS comedy series Rules Of Engagement before they co-created with star Matthew Perry Mr. Sunshine. The two, repped by UTA and Hansen Jacobson, are currently executive producers/writers on Sony TV’s ABC comedy The Goldbergs, which is returning for a second season.
Alex Barnow & Marc Firek Ink Overall Deals With Sony Pictures TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over