Alamo Drafthouse has hired brand management pro and film festival programmer Christian Parkes to serve as Chief Brand Officer. The Austin-based Drafthouse operates the Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas chain, Drafthouse Media, Drafthouse Films, poster company Mondo, annual film festival Fantastic Fest, and the Rolling Roadshow screening series, all of which Parkes will help steer under the overall Drafthouse brand. He should fit right into the Drafthouse culture that co-founder Tim League has cultivated into an expanding genre cinema empire. Parkes has 12 years experience in brand management for Puma, Nike, Levis, and the Nasty Gal apparel line and worked with CEO Sophia Amoruso on her debut book which hit No. 2 on the New York Times Best Seller List. He’s also a co-founder of the world genre film festival Beyond Fest, held in LA in October in partnership with the American Cinematheque. Parkes previously worked with the Drafthouse and League on the 2008 Nike Ultimate Shining Experience at the Timberline Lodge and 2010’s Levi’s Rolling Roadshow Tour. He takes his new post effective June 16.
Beyond Fest Co-Founder Joins Alamo Drafthouse As Chief Brand Officer
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?
- Margot Robbie Near Deal To Join ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct
- Mel Gibson Scores Hollywood Film Awards Director Honor
- Shannon Purser Joins Joey King In ‘Wish Upon’ For Broad Green Pictures
- Kristin Harris Named VP Acquisitions & Distribution At Good Deed Entertainment