Alamo Drafthouse has hired brand management pro and film festival programmer Christian Parkes to serve as Chief Brand Officer. The Austin-based Drafthouse operates the Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas chain, Drafthouse Media, Drafthouse Films, poster company Mondo, annual film festival Fantastic Fest, and the Rolling Roadshow screening series, all of which Parkes will help steer under the overall Drafthouse brand. He should fit right into the Drafthouse culture that co-founder Tim League has cultivated into an expanding genre cinema empire. Parkes has 12 years experience in brand management for Puma, Nike, Levis, and the Nasty Gal apparel line and worked with CEO Sophia Amoruso on her debut book which hit No. 2 on the New York Times Best Seller List. He’s also a co-founder of the world genre film festival Beyond Fest, held in LA in October in partnership with the American Cinematheque. Parkes previously worked with the Drafthouse and League on the 2008 Nike Ultimate Shining Experience at the Timberline Lodge and 2010’s Levi’s Rolling Roadshow Tour. He takes his new post effective June 16.
Beyond Fest Co-Founder Joins Alamo Drafthouse As Chief Brand Officer
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Catherine Zeta-Jones To Play Colombian Drug Lord In 'The Godmother'
- Quentin Tarantino's New Beverly Cinema Re-Opens In Los Angeles
- 'The Bridge's Diane Kruger Sets Indies 'Maryland' & 'Sky'
- UTA Independent Film Group Adds Memento Films' Nick Shumaker
- 'Interstellar' Trailer: Matthew McConaughey Will Save Us All
- Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' To Open Two Days Early In 35mm, 70mm