EXCLUSIVE: After racking up more than 32 million views with his series of Action Movie Kid YouTube shorts, visual effects animator Daniel “Hashi” Hashimoto has signed with UTA with an eye toward moving into feature film directing. The longtime DreamWorks Animation VFX pro went viral only a few months ago with special effects-enhanced homemade shorts starring his 3-year-old son James, which he edited in Adobe After Effects to transform the tyke’s daily life into super-powered adventures. They landed the How To Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda 2 animator on Good Morning America and snagged him a deal creating branded content around several toy lines. He’s still got his DWA day job but will work with the agency on finding directorial opportunities and on expanding the Action Movie Kid IP into books, products, and feature spinoffs. He is also repped by attorney Phil Daniels. Here’s a compilation of Action Movie Kid‘s “adventures” so far:
UTA Signs ‘Action Movie Kid’ Viral Video Creator Daniel Hashimoto
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set
- Michelle Williams Exits CAA For WME
- Safety For Sarah: Local 600 Launches Own App For Reporting Unsafe Sets
- Renee Zellweger Set For 'Same Kind Of Different As Me'
- Bella Thorne Joins Animated 'Underdogs'