Screen Media Films has taken U.S. rights to Young Ones, the dystopian sci-fier from writer-director Jake Paltrow. Michael Shannon, Nicholas Hoult, Elle Fanning, and Kodi Smit-McPhee star in the film about ranchers (Shannon and Hoult) at odds in a desert wasteland where water has become the most precious commodity on the planet. Screen Media is plotting an October release for Young Ones, which premiered in January at the Sundance Film Festival and marks Paltrow’s second feature following 2007’s The Good Night. Tristan Orpen Lynch and Michael Auret produced the film, and Daniel Wagner, Robert Ogden Barnum, Marina Fuentes Arredonda, James Atherton, Peter Garde, Nathan Johnson, Tara Moross, Brian O’Shea, and Jan Pace are exec producers. Subotica, Spier Films, and Saint Shadow co-financed the film in association with BiFrost Pictures, Quickfire Films, Six Sales, and The Exchange. Screen Media’s Suzanne Blech and Seth Needle negotiated the deal with UTA Independent Film Group on behalf of the filmmakers.
Screen Media Springs For Jake Paltrow-Helmed Sci-Fi ‘Young Ones’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $285M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities