Screen Media Films has taken U.S. rights to Young Ones, the dystopian sci-fier from writer-director Jake Paltrow. Michael Shannon, Nicholas Hoult, Elle Fanning, and Kodi Smit-McPhee star in the film about ranchers (Shannon and Hoult) at odds in a desert wasteland where water has become the most precious commodity on the planet. Screen Media is plotting an October release for Young Ones, which premiered in January at the Sundance Film Festival and marks Paltrow’s second feature following 2007’s The Good Night. Tristan Orpen Lynch and Michael Auret produced the film, and Daniel Wagner, Robert Ogden Barnum, Marina Fuentes Arredonda, James Atherton, Peter Garde, Nathan Johnson, Tara Moross, Brian O’Shea, and Jan Pace are exec producers. Subotica, Spier Films, and Saint Shadow co-financed the film in association with BiFrost Pictures, Quickfire Films, Six Sales, and The Exchange. Screen Media’s Suzanne Blech and Seth Needle negotiated the deal with UTA Independent Film Group on behalf of the filmmakers.
Screen Media Springs For Jake Paltrow-Helmed Sci-Fi ‘Young Ones’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…