Following a strong launch, WGN America‘s first original scripted drama has been picked up for a second season three episodes into its freshman run. The 13-episode second season of Salem, from creators Brannon Braga and Adam Simon and Fox 21, will begin production later this year for a 2015 debut. Despite WGN only covering 62% of the country with a single feed, Salem‘s April 20 premiere averaged an impressive 3.4 million total viewers and 1.5 million adults 18-49 in Live+7. Through its first two telecasts in Live+3 viewing, Salem has logged nearly 1.7 million total viewers and 806,000 among Adults 18-49, a 776% increase over the network’s Adults 18-49 season-to-date average on Sundays at 10 PM ET. “At WGN America, we are committed to delivering compelling, brand-defining programming rich with fascinating characters, and Salem has done just that,” said WGN America President Matt Cherniss. Starring Janet Montgomery, Shane West, Seth Gabel, Xander Berkeley, Ashley Madekwe, Tamzin Merchant, Elise Eberle and Iddo Goldberg, Salem re-imagines the infamous 17th century witch trials in the Massachusetts town. Braga and Simon executive produce with Jeff Kwatinetz and Josh Barry of Prospect Park and David Von Ancken.
WGN America’s ‘Salem’ Renewed For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest TV News
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Actor Peter Vaughan Dies At The Age Of 93
- Jimmy Kimmel On Oscar Hosting: Taiwan President Called To Offer Congratulations
- Twitter Year-End Numbers: Top Trending TV Shows, Movies & More
- BBC WW Revs ‘Top Gear’ China Deal; Alibaba Invests In Data Analysis – Global Briefs
- First Look At Madonna Carpool Voguing With James Corden
- Note To Oscar Host Jimmy Kimmel: Johnny Carson’s Suit Patterns Are Up For Sale