Following a strong launch, WGN America‘s first original scripted drama has been picked up for a second season three episodes into its freshman run. The 13-episode second season of Salem, from creators Brannon Braga and Adam Simon and Fox 21, will begin production later this year for a 2015 debut. Despite WGN only covering 62% of the country with a single feed, Salem‘s April 20 premiere averaged an impressive 3.4 million total viewers and 1.5 million adults 18-49 in Live+7. Through its first two telecasts in Live+3 viewing, Salem has logged nearly 1.7 million total viewers and 806,000 among Adults 18-49, a 776% increase over the network’s Adults 18-49 season-to-date average on Sundays at 10 PM ET. “At WGN America, we are committed to delivering compelling, brand-defining programming rich with fascinating characters, and Salem has done just that,” said WGN America President Matt Cherniss. Starring Janet Montgomery, Shane West, Seth Gabel, Xander Berkeley, Ashley Madekwe, Tamzin Merchant, Elise Eberle and Iddo Goldberg, Salem re-imagines the infamous 17th century witch trials in the Massachusetts town. Braga and Simon executive produce with Jeff Kwatinetz and Josh Barry of Prospect Park and David Von Ancken.
WGN America’s ‘Salem’ Renewed For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'