A day after the WGA’s rank and file ratified the union’s new AMPTP contract, the East Coast branch has sealed a deal with the NYC producer of such nonfiction cable fare as Doomsday Preppers, Man vs. Food, and Bad Ink. The WGA East said today that it has reached a new collective bargaining pact with Sharp Entertainment that covers its writers and producers. Said WGAE Executive Driector Lowell Peterson: “We are very pleased to have reached an agreement with Sharp that includes the provisions we have won for writer-producers employed by other nonfiction TV production companies – compensation minimums, paid time off, union security, grievance and arbitration and, perhaps most importantly, employer-provided health benefits.”
WGA East Pacts With Sharp Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video