A day after the WGA’s rank and file ratified the union’s new AMPTP contract, the East Coast branch has sealed a deal with the NYC producer of such nonfiction cable fare as Doomsday Preppers, Man vs. Food, and Bad Ink. The WGA East said today that it has reached a new collective bargaining pact with Sharp Entertainment that covers its writers and producers. Said WGAE Executive Driector Lowell Peterson: “We are very pleased to have reached an agreement with Sharp that includes the provisions we have won for writer-producers employed by other nonfiction TV production companies – compensation minimums, paid time off, union security, grievance and arbitration and, perhaps most importantly, employer-provided health benefits.”
WGA East Pacts With Sharp Entertainment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- ABC Reveals New Logo For 'The View', Teases In-The-Round Set
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date