A day after the WGA’s rank and file ratified the union’s new AMPTP contract, the East Coast branch has sealed a deal with the NYC producer of such nonfiction cable fare as Doomsday Preppers, Man vs. Food, and Bad Ink. The WGA East said today that it has reached a new collective bargaining pact with Sharp Entertainment that covers its writers and producers. Said WGAE Executive Driector Lowell Peterson: “We are very pleased to have reached an agreement with Sharp that includes the provisions we have won for writer-producers employed by other nonfiction TV production companies – compensation minimums, paid time off, union security, grievance and arbitration and, perhaps most importantly, employer-provided health benefits.”
WGA East Pacts With Sharp Entertainment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′
- Michael Che Gets 'Daily Show' Farewell En Route to 'SNL's Weekend Update: Video