The Weinstein Company has dated three more films on its 2014 slate, all in prime position for awards season. TWC has set a September 26 limited release for The Disappearance Of Eleanor Rigby, a November 21 limited release for The Imitation Game and a Christmas Day bow for Big Eyes. Ned Benson’s Eleanor Rigby stars Jessica Chastain and James McAvoy as a once happily married couple who suddenly find themselves as strangers trying to understand each other in the wake of a tragedy. It faces off against Focus Features’ animated pic The Boxtrolls, Sony/Columbia’s The Equalizer, A24’s romcom Laggies, Relativity’s Hector And The Search For Happiness and Five And Two Pictures’ A Matter Of Faith. The Imitation Game stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Alan Turing, the genius British mathematician, logician, cryptologist and computer scientist who led the charge to crack the German Enigma Code that helped the Allies win WWII. It’s pitted against Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 and Buena Vista’s McFarland. Directed and produced by Tim Burton, Big Eyes is based on the true story of Walter Keane (Christoph Waltz), who was one of the most successful painters 1950s and early 1960s.
Weinstein Company Dates Three Pics
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency