The studio announced a slew of release dates this afternoon, among them moving writer-director Ben Affleck‘s period crime drama Live By Night, the follow-up to his Oscar-winning Argo, from Christmas 2015 to October, 7, 2016. He’s got a date with the Batsuit, after all. Warner Bros also dated Mud writer-director Jeff Nichols’ debut studio pic Midnight Special for November 25, 2015. The sci-fi chase flick starring Michael Shannon — who also appeared in Nichols’ Mud, Take Shelter and Shotgun Stories — will go up against Disney-Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur that weekend. The studio also set the Untitled New Line Comedy for November 13, 2015, and a pair of Untitled Warner Animation Group projects for February 10, 2017, and February 9, 2018. Live By Night and the NL comedy have their dates to themselves for now, as do the far-off 3D toons.
Warner Bros Pushes Ben Affleck’s ‘Live By Night’, Dates ‘Midnight Special’ & 3 Others
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Why Nobody Chased ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’: Memorial Day Box Office Postmortem
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast