The studio announced a slew of release dates this afternoon, among them moving writer-director Ben Affleck‘s period crime drama Live By Night, the follow-up to his Oscar-winning Argo, from Christmas 2015 to October, 7, 2016. He’s got a date with the Batsuit, after all. Warner Bros also dated Mud writer-director Jeff Nichols’ debut studio pic Midnight Special for November 25, 2015. The sci-fi chase flick starring Michael Shannon — who also appeared in Nichols’ Mud, Take Shelter and Shotgun Stories — will go up against Disney-Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur that weekend. The studio also set the Untitled New Line Comedy for November 13, 2015, and a pair of Untitled Warner Animation Group projects for February 10, 2017, and February 9, 2018. Live By Night and the NL comedy have their dates to themselves for now, as do the far-off 3D toons.
Warner Bros Pushes Ben Affleck’s ‘Live By Night’, Dates ‘Midnight Special’ & 3 Others
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV