The studio announced a slew of release dates this afternoon, among them moving writer-director Ben Affleck‘s period crime drama Live By Night, the follow-up to his Oscar-winning Argo, from Christmas 2015 to October, 7, 2016. He’s got a date with the Batsuit, after all. Warner Bros also dated Mud writer-director Jeff Nichols’ debut studio pic Midnight Special for November 25, 2015. The sci-fi chase flick starring Michael Shannon — who also appeared in Nichols’ Mud, Take Shelter and Shotgun Stories — will go up against Disney-Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur that weekend. The studio also set the Untitled New Line Comedy for November 13, 2015, and a pair of Untitled Warner Animation Group projects for February 10, 2017, and February 9, 2018. Live By Night and the NL comedy have their dates to themselves for now, as do the far-off 3D toons.
Warner Bros Pushes Ben Affleck’s ‘Live By Night’, Dates ‘Midnight Special’ & 3 Others
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest Film News
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’