The latest docu from Oscar-nominated director Joe Berlinger (Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory, Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2) tracks the trial of notorious criminal James “Whitey” Bulger, using his court proceedings as a platform to examine accusations of corruptions within the American legal system. Berlinger premiered the CNN Films and Radical Media-produced docu at Sundance in January. Magnolia will debut Whitey: United States of America v. James J. Bulger June 27 in limited release:
Hot Trailer: ‘Whitey: United States of America v. James J. Bulger’
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Team
- R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta, Dead At 82
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016