After scoring with his 2013 indie Drinking Buddies, writer-director Joe Swanberg sold his latest pic to Paramount and Magnolia Pics out of January’s Sundance Film Festival. The latter will distribute the Anna Kendrick starrer Happy Christmas domestically in theaters July 25 and on iTunes June 26, while Paramount Home Media Distribution handles international and U.S. home vid. Kendrick stars as Jenny, a hard-partying twentysomething who after a breakup moves in with her film director brother (Swanberg), his novelist wife (Melanie Lynskey), and their young son. Mark Webber and Lena Dunham also star in the dramedy, which Swanberg also produced with Alicia Van Couvering and Peter Gilbert:
Hot Trailer: ‘Happy Christmas’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency