After scoring with his 2013 indie Drinking Buddies, writer-director Joe Swanberg sold his latest pic to Paramount and Magnolia Pics out of January’s Sundance Film Festival. The latter will distribute the Anna Kendrick starrer Happy Christmas domestically in theaters July 25 and on iTunes June 26, while Paramount Home Media Distribution handles international and U.S. home vid. Kendrick stars as Jenny, a hard-partying twentysomething who after a breakup moves in with her film director brother (Swanberg), his novelist wife (Melanie Lynskey), and their young son. Mark Webber and Lena Dunham also star in the dramedy, which Swanberg also produced with Alicia Van Couvering and Peter Gilbert:
Hot Trailer: ‘Happy Christmas’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’